Engine Foxbody Mustang A/C Compressor Reseal - Nippon-Denso 6P148A

• Sponsors (?)

I think the answer to that all depends on the state of the current system and what oil is in it.

Regardless, you kinda need a blank slate and flush out whatever unknown oil is in the system. Any residual oil in the system will settle out in the condenser if it’s not compatible with your refrigerant of choice and decrease system capacity.

Full flush, and then inject oil in the qty listed earlier in this thread into the components listed.

If you are starting from scratch, there really isn’t an advantage of one refrigerant over another. The old condensers are a serpentine style condenser that is no longer available. Any replacement condensers are a new parallel flow type that works better for r134a. So if you have replaced the condenser for a modern unit, you can really go either way.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
I think the answer to that all depends on the state of the current system and what oil is in it.

Regardless, you kinda need a blank slate and flush out whatever unknown oil is in the system. Any residual oil in the system will settle out in the condenser if it’s not compatible with your refrigerant of choice and decrease system capacity.

Full flush, and then inject oil in the qty listed earlier in this thread into the components listed.

If you are starting from scratch, there really isn’t an advantage of one refrigerant over another. The old condensers are a serpentine style condenser that is no longer available. Any replacement condensers are a new parallel flow type that works better for r134a. So if you have replaced the condenser for a modern unit, you can really go either way.
I guess that's what I was looking for. The condensor is the real driver here to either convert over or stick with R12. Everything on my car is original.

I keep looking on Ebay for a 6P compressor and I come across some that look very similar but not exactly what I have, even when I use those part #'s.

Is the pressure switch what cycles the Compressor clutch off and on??
My 83 ( no computer, carbed) has this wire running through a WOT relay that I want to eliminate.....
By passing this relay, I should be able to run this wire directly from my pressure switch to the compressor clutch with no side effects???

MIne is about the same, except for where the cut off switch gets power ( fuse #18) and runs through the thermactor dump control relay and the cut off relay..
I am going to start making a new engine harness ( the old one is shot) after I get the engine back in and while the dash is out. Hoping the engine will be going back in next week........
I do not think parts for the cut off switch ( which mount to the carb/throttle) will be obtainable...... Since the Tab/Tad system will not be going back on the car the thermactor dump relay will be removed and after looking at the WOT/cut off system, I would like to remove the WOT relay and wire the low pressure switch directly to the compressor clutch?/ I see no reason why this would not work, but wondering what others think?????
DSCF1067.JPG

Ive been searching this AM. I am unable to find the Motorcraft number for it.

There are a few OEM part numbers for these. I believe I am using the E4 part number on my car but I have seen a few other part numbers. I want to say an E8 and E9 version. Appear to be identical.

Well, I found one in my attic, and there is a Motorcraft number
YC138 compressor kit
Youi know they come new with no pulley, hub or field coil right?
I probably have those too (maybe) I have gotten rid of a bunch of stuff
The part numbers of that chit I will have a hard time with
Maybe shoot a few pics of your pulley
I need to know your Mustang is worthy of this new compressor I have been saving for 30 years
SVO sounds like it is (I almost bought a 1985 SVO)

My box is unopened Do not want to open it unnecessarily
After finding that YC138 number, I punched it into ebay and found item # 313689932257
It does not have the triangular mount I expected to see and that one looks more like a 10P15?
You look at that YC54 they have on there FastSVO, and see if that looks like yours, with the 2 inlets and 2 outlets on top

Last edited: