CIMG3101.jpg

CIMG3103.jpg

CIMG3095.jpg

CIMG3096.jpg

CIMG3100.jpg

CIMG3098.jpg

CIMG3099.jpg

CIMG3097.jpg

Sorry haven't replied been busy and went to Las Vegas on Vaca.

Engine bay is white because thats the original color of the car. Thats why I'm detailing the engine bay now.

Here are some progress pics. Removed the K Member

CIMG3438.jpg

CIMG3430.jpg

Sanding the Bay
Would the wiring harness go through the inner fender hole or the strut tower hole?

CIMG3436.jpg

CIMG3437.jpg

CIMG3432.jpg

CIMG3431.jpg

How would you repair this. It is on the passenger side hood hinge mount.

CIMG3435.jpg

I'm looking into mig welder, Harbor freight has one on sale. Have not mig welded I want to learn.

What do you think about this one.
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Just using it for the sheet metal and holes.

i ran (on mine) that harness threw the egg shaped hole right next to where the harness comes out. flatten that metal down and reweld all that crap at the hinge,or you might need to cut the rust away and recut a piece of metal. Not only will it be impossible to weld on rust,but it's probably way way to thin of material there now! that welder will work fine! Just get some scrap metarial and practice! You want the machine to sound like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz well kinda hard to describe a sound :rlaugh: when you start to fill holes use some metal as backing plates, and dont try to run a continueous bead use a series of tacks.Your also gonna want it set low so you avoid burning threw. peace

john:p

what i did and you should also. get some sheetmetal hold it on the back side of the hole.from the other side trace out the hole onto the sheetmetal. cut it out with tin snips and weld it in (useing a bunch of tacks). For the small small holes i just filled them in with weld,you might not be able to do this and is kinda diffacult but i've been welding for 18 years so it's a piece of cake for me.mine didnt come out all that great but it was mostly the "body work" part of it i'm no body man. I plan to redo mine this winter (09) and will do it better. Or you could always get the dugan racing covers? peace

john:p

Engine Bay Detailing Project

And what a project it is. I haven't posted in a while but here is the progress I made.
Purchased a mig welder to repair the passenger side hinge mount and to weld the holes in the engine bay.. I will post Pics of before and after pictures. I have never mig welded before and let me tell you it is not as easy as it looks. It took practice before I touched the car with the welder and even then when I started welding on the car it took more practice.
I am finally getting the "feel of the welder" and getting more confident each day.
Thanks Customfabwork and Smokedya for the tips with welding. Here is some of the work so far.

Passenger hinge mount BEFORE
CIMG3435.jpg

CIMG3434.jpg

HINGE MOUNT AFTER
CIMG3478.jpg

CIMG3482.jpg

Here is some pics of the engine bay
CIMG3479.jpg

CIMG3481.jpg

CIMG3487.jpg

CIMG3488.jpg

CIMG3489.jpg

CIMG3490.jpg

CIMG3491.jpg

CIMG3492.jpg

If you look closely when I started to weld the drivers side fenter aprons you can see welds that are not very good but as I went on the welds starting to look better.
I am not finished with the drivers side yet.