Fox Good Dumped Exhaust?

What dumped exhaust/catback brand do you like?

• Total voters

Saminator0107

5 Year Member
Jul 9, 2017
Hello, does anybody have any good dumped exhaust setups? I'm a little new to the fox thing, cause i just bought a 88 LX Monday. The previous owner had a crappy exhaust with no hangars and crappy welds. Does anybody have any recommendations for dumped exhaust. I want something not extremely loud, but loud enough to hear me coming, lol. My car has bbk shorty headers, i might be changing them out, not sure though. Or i might do a catback, so if anybody has a good catback, let me know. I don't want it super expensive, no more than 500$. Thanks, Sam.

• Sponsors (?)

Dumped exhaust, in general, is very loud. The sound vibrations bounce from pavement to car and amplify the sound level. Gas tank also plays a role in amplification.

I don't know many that ran dumps for a long period of time. I, along with others, tried it out and then quickly added tailpipes. It's very loud inside the car

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm, seems I remember a thread titled: Mods you want to reverse, or wish you never did..

Dumped exhaust was close to #1.

People will hear you coming regardless. A mustang has one of the most iconic exhaust sounds of any car/brand ever.

Cutting off the tail pipes, or eliminating them only makes for a smelly passenger compartment, adds to potential exhaust drone while at cruising speed, And just being louder overall.
Which makes for a crappy sounding audio system, and a yelling match when talking to your equally foul smelling passenger.

( Check with your girl friend to see if she doesn't mind smelling like the inside of a muffler the next time you take her to a movie)

But...

Everybody has to find sht out the hard way,...Which means you'll have to be the one that has to come to terms with the noise, the smell, and the possible law violation of a dumped exhaust yourself.

I get to be the one that says I told you so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
LX 5.0's look way better with tail pipes!
IMG_0656.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
I had my Dynomax Ultraflows dumped when I first put them on. Meant to put tailpipes on them, and then didn't get around to it for almost a decade. It wasn't that loud until you got on it. Drove the car comfortably on the highway. I put tailpipes on when I got sick of the smell.

Kurt

The only set of dumps I have ever run on a car that didn't make me hate the car, and myself, was the Flowtech Stinger system on my '87 GT convertible. It had the non-bypass version of the Warlock mufflers, and wasn't insanely loud in the car the way all other dumps I've run were.

Friends don't let friends run dumps.

Reactions: 1 user
I ran an x pipe, glass packs, and turn downs on my 89 gt convertible. It wasn't overly loud...( to me or my wife ).

I didn't really have an issue with stink....just kept the car moving and it was all good :nice:.

My 93 convertible had dumped exhaust with Warlock mufflers. It was unbearably loud and droaning in the car. Stunk really bad too. Luckily I saved the stock LX tail pipes from my 92 hatch when that car got a Flowmaster system installed. Went behind the shed and retrieved the old pipes and now they reside in the convertible