Got your Horse Power.. Fuel Injector Formula

• Sponsors (?)

That's a nice simple formula, but you're about 7hrs too late with this thread. ;)
http://forums.stangnet.com/showpost.php?p=6076684&postcount=12

....and a brake specific is going to depend on whether you're running a power adder or not. You'll want closer to 0.45-0.50 for a N/A set up because 0.55-0.60 is more for a supercharged engine......even 0.65 for a turbocharged one according to the formula.

GTR_Stang03 said:
Fuel injector size Formula:

Eng HP x BSFC
______________ = Inj. lb/hour

No. of Inj. x 0.8

BSFC=0.4-0.6 (0.55 is used)

Have a nice day!

using this formula...I should be using about 25 lb fuel injectors...I have 362 hp x .45 ///8 x .8

I am running 19's now, and haven't had any problems and my a/f ratio is perfect. Am I running too high on the duty cycle?

Thanks!

98stangv8 said:
using this formula...I should be using about 25 lb fuel injectors...I have 362 hp x .45 ///8 x .8

I am running 19's now, and haven't had any problems and my a/f ratio is perfect. Am I running too high on the duty cycle?

Thanks!
It's possible to run the injector past the 80% duty cycle level (which you are most certainly doing), but not very efficient. You'd be better off economy wise and for safety sake in case of failure to upgrade and tune for a bigger injector. I'd recommed a set of 30's personally. Just as easy to tune and will keep them well under 80%