Progress Thread Granny's Help and Progress Thread - 94 GT, I ain't skeered...

• Sponsors (?)

You can buy the pumps new, check rock auto, I didn't look to see if lmr sells one but if they do we get discounts, the brackets look different than fox cars, pump appears to bolt to the alternator bracket with a lower brace on the bottom of the pump so if missing you can get those from salvage or ebay.

Thanks so much. got a new pump, found where it goes, found a hose with a plug in it and the part that goes from there to the pump. It was just hanging loose in the engine bay. Is there a pulley that goes on the pump? It didn't come with one but it must need one. This doesn't seem that difficult but the belt might be a different story. It shredded due to the bearing in the idler pulley going all cattywampus. Replaced that, figured it's a good time to put the smog pump back in.

I went to Pick a part, found a 95 with a smog pump and pulley, took off the pulley and the screws, picked a few more items. Put the pulley on the pump, the pump in the car and got her running great. But then...she got hot. So starting on that mission today. This is a great place for info. So glad I found you. I never in my wildest dreams thought this old gramma would become a part time mechanic in her retirement! But Em and I are having a great time with it.

Reactions: 3 users
You go Grandma!

Was going to say I worked for Cardone Industries for 16 years, we didn't sell the smog pumps with the pulley. Just in case someone finds this thread in the future.

Af for cooling, well that could be a variety of things. The stock radiator isn't the greatest, one of the best mods is an aluminum aftermarket unit. The 180 thermostat (with tiny hole on the housing for air escape), two bottles of water wetter will keep things cool. Mine ran around 180-195 always even in 100 Florida heat. If the water pump is old now's the time to change that too.

I replaced the engine coolant sensor and adding coolant solved the overheating problem. Thanks for the info on radiator and thermostat. I'll probably need those things at some point in the future. We had the rack and pinion replaced today. No more leak but there's a clunk sound when she turns the wheel. Ball joints maybe? Should I ask this as a new post? I don't really know how this site works, since you've been a member 15 years can you help me out?

I replaced the engine coolant sensor and adding coolant solved the overheating problem. Thanks for the info on radiator and thermostat. I'll probably need those things at some point in the future. We had the rack and pinion replaced today. No more leak but there's a clunk sound when she turns the wheel. Ball joints maybe? Should I ask this as a new post? I don't really know how this site works, since you've been a member 15 years can you help me out?

Nah, leave all your questions here.

If the ball joints are stock it's probably those making some noise.

Thank you very much, the title change is perfect. Appreciate it The title was supposed to be... well let's just say I screwed up when I posted the first time. It's all good. I will post some pics soon. No cats or squirrels or rabbits lol.