having trouble picking an exhaust.

Cobra5337

Jun 27, 2003
Edwardsville, Il
Guys I am having trouble picking an exhaust. I have been looking at a bassani racing series/street series cat back(whichever might be better suit for me), and I have also been looking at a magnaflow cat back. I have heard things such as magnaflow = teh win and that they sound great from people, while I have also heard that bassanis are by far the best exhausts that can be put on a mustang. I plan on getting headers,an x pipe and one of the two cat back systems. Whats your opinion from experience and such?

• Sponsors (?)

Cobra5337 said:
Guys I am having trouble picking an exhaust. I have been looking at a bassani racing series/street series cat back(whichever might be better suit for me), and I have also been looking at a magnaflow cat back. I have heard things such as magnaflow = teh win and that they sound great from people, while I have also heard that bassanis are by far the best exhausts that can be put on a mustang. I plan on getting headers,an x pipe and one of the two cat back systems. Whats your opinion from experience and such?

Ive got BBK full lengths , matching xpipe with converters , and american thunder cat back and i wouldnt have anything else

They are both great systems. I comes down to price and sound. I love how bassani sounds but their price sucks. like $569 or something. bascally hear are your options if quality is a goal.

bassani $570
borla $560?? price went up I think
borla stinger $470
magnaflow/magnapack $370

I got the borla because it was $500 at the time. maganflow was not all stainless yet. So tome it was the best deal. now as you can see magnaflow is the best Deal.

bottom line they are all great exhausts it just comes down to you taste in sound IMO.

go to mustang exhaust they have almost every sound clip up. I just posted up a borla clip in tis thread.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=417097

MineralGt said:
Hey highvolts, are you certain on that 425 shipped?....If so, I am definately calling him up!!

Be sure to talk to Steve Barber and tell him about Mustangexhaust.com and StangNet. I got mine about 3 months ago. $425 shipped to Columbus OH from Cali. Just ask him for his best price. Also.. My Opinion of TruckPerformancecenter.com... I'd buy from them again with no regrets.

Here are some Photos of the AWESOME 3.5" tips.. Borla Stinger Tips

Here is a Post I just posted about the Stinger.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=417152

PM Me and let me know what u find out..

Dude, I cant tell you how much I appreciate that help. By the way, I have not ever seen tips as nice as the stingers.....I could have sworn that they are 4", not 3.5", no? Also, do you have any additional pics with the system on your car? Once again, you have been a great help. thanks

MineralGt said:
Dude, I cant tell you how much I appreciate that help. By the way, I have not ever seen tips as nice as the stingers.....I could have sworn that they are 4", not 3.5", no? Also, do you have any additional pics with the system on your car? Once again, you have been a great help. thanks

Maybe they are 4"... Either way.. they are awesome. However, I dont have any pics of the system on my car.. the weather was gettin bad when i put it on.. Pics to come soon :) (When it gets warm)

After about a month of looking at forums, listening to sound files and searching different stores and ebay for prices I decided it's probably going to be SLP, it was borla or magnaflow, but almost as many people have the magnaflow as the flowmasters and the sound clips of the Vorla I have heard soudn like crap

I just put in a Magnaflow catback and catted x pipe in my
03 vert 5 speed. It made a HUGE difference! Sounds good too, but for all the hardcore numbskulls in this forum, the regular Magnaflows probably aren't loud enough. They want Magnapacks. The regular Magnaflows are plenty loud when you are in a 'vert. Gained 18 hp and 15 lb. ft. of torque with this setup. Pulls hard right up to 130 in 4th with my gears.