Progress Thread HeHateMe gets bent

Spent all day Sat running errands with the wife. She did convince me to buy a new stand for the tv. I've been opposed, but of all places there was one at Hobby Lobby that was 1) On sale, 2) matched out decor pretty well.

Of course no good deed goes unpunished, so I had to cut the back of it out a bit to get the receiver to recess enough so the barn doors on the sides will open and close, but that was quick. But there's no recess under the back so it won't get close to the wall because of the outlet strip. Which I will need to get a longer one so I can put the strip on the 2nd shelf behind the center channel speaker. Jeez....but I digress.

I had to clean house and prep for the Big Game yesterday, so I didn't do anything on the car, except straighten out the garage. I paid off my PP credit bill and my credit card bill. And promptly spent more on both.

I ordered Strange (brand not description) Fox adjustable struts. Will have to sell the used SN95 struts I have.

I ordered a complete stoptech front brake setup from RockAuto...rotors, calipers, caliper brackets, caliper bracket bolts, and pads.

I got on Fastenal and ordered all grade 8 hardware for the K member mount and control arms.

I got some 2K epoxy primer.

I ordered a set of SAE combo wrenches....I've have tons of metric wrenches but only 1 SAE set for some reason.

And I ordered a set of 15x4 Jegs Spike wheels for the front.

As you can see most of this purchase is to do an almost for real mockup of the front end once it's stripped and in primer.

I need to pickup some 1.5" .120 wall DOM tubing to make the braces to the shock towers that will go in from the outside. And I need to pickup my bottle of 75/25 this week. Unless something comes up, I plan on a lot of garage time this weekend.
What the hell is a “Spike wheel”?
Is this another one of those times when you southern boys are calling a differential a “chunk”?..or,..the winter hat you put on your head a tobaggan?..Or,...when you go to your mothers‘ family’s house, You’re going over to momenems?

• Sponsors (?)

What the hell is a “Spike wheel”?
Is this another one of those times when you southern boys are calling a differential a “chunk”?..or,..the winter hat you put on your head a tobaggan?..Or,...when you go to your mothers‘ family’s house, You’re going over to momenems?

A 9 inch has a chunk....a huge chunk of cast iron that falls on your legs if you don't have a good grip on it!

I don’t get it,....Where’s the spike?

Dunno, but they look better than the 5 spoke wheels.

My garage is full of new :poo:. Too bad Sat and Sunday the HIGH is maybe 20. I think I have 2 electric space heaters in the attic. I might have to break them out. I need to clean the spindles...well at least one. I would like to get both clean and painted, but that probably won't happen unless I can get the garage into the 50's. Then a full scale mockup of the brakes and wheels to make sure they fit. I may need a spacer to clear the SN95 brakes so I already bought 3" studs for the hubs.

View attachment 671996 View attachment 671997

Reactions: 1 user
My garage is full of new :poo:. Too bad Sat and Sunday the HIGH is maybe 20. I think I have 2 electric space heaters in the attic. I might have to break them out. I need to clean the spindles...well at least one. I would like to get both clean and painted, but that probably won't happen unless I can get the garage into the 50's. Then a full scale mockup of the brakes and wheels to make sure they fit. I may need a spacer to clear the SN95 brakes so I already bought 3" studs for the hubs.

Your picture of that wheel makes it look better than Jegs' website, just sayin'.

That big assed sht ain’t fittin‘ under those wheels....I’m jus sayin’

Last edited:
SN95 Brakes.jpg
63.5 falcon.jpg

If my spindles were not greasy and nasty I would go see for myself. I'll drink a pot of coffee and turn the space heater on in the morning and get after it.

I got a bottle of gas, so I need to change the MIG over and get back to some patch work, like a metal quilt.

SN95 Brakes.jpg
63.5 falcon.jpg

If my spindles were not greasy and nasty I would go see for myself. I'll drink a pot of coffee and turn the space heater on in the morning and get after it.

I got a bottle of gas, so I need to change the MIG over and get back to some patch work, like a metal quilt.
I figured it out..( why they call it a spike wheel).
Because as soon as you try and bolt it on top of that caliper, it’ll be like sticking a spike in the spokes.

Maybe, maybe not. They look to clear according to several other pictures other fellow Peanut Butter Faclon/AJE K member owners sent me. May need a spacer.

Also, here is a product shout out to

NASA TECH White Reflective Foam Core 2 Car Garage Door Insulation Kit 18FT (WIDE) x 8FT (HIGH) R Value 8.0 Made in USA New and Improved Heavy Duty Double Sided Tape (ALSO FITS 18X7)​

Garage Door Insulation

I put this on my south facing attached 2 car garage door last summer. When I would get hone from work in the afternoons before this, it would be 100-105 in the garage with ambient 90-95. The ceiling to the attic above is insulated. When I put this stuff on, the garage temp would be 95-100. So only about 5-7 degrees warmer than ambient. Which really makes a difference.

However, I think it showed its stuff this morning. It's 19 outside and 48 in the garage at 7 am. I don't remember exact figures, but I do remember 2 years ago working on the Fox body with it in the 30's in the garage trying to heat it with one of those fake fireplace looking space heaters. I think it was in the mid 20's outside that night.

I've got a tiny toaster oven sized heater out there running now. I'm going to drink more coffee and go see if I get 'Spiked" and see if the temp goes up at all.

But if you have a garage door that gets direct sun, this stuff is good. And it is easy to install. Just clean the 'rails' and stick the double sided tape on, stick the foam insulation on. It's very light, so you don't have to adjust springs. One thing it took me to figure out was around the bolts for hinges etc, just slit a tear drop for the foam to go around. The first 2 hinge bolts, I cut the insulation off and quickly realized it looked ugly and was a mistake.

It took me less than one hour to put it up by myself.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
So yesterday, I got more of the paint out of the engine bay and core support. What a mess of the garage I made. I don't think I am going to remove all the tar and :poo: from the fender wells. I basically hit it with a wire wheel on the grinder and what was loose came off...what wasn't loose is a primordial tar pit. I did clean the firewall where I plan to put my sandwich plates for the tubes that will brace the shock towers.

Friday I picked up a 80cf bottle of 75/25 and decided to hook that up and make sure the HF Titanium welder works on gas. Swapped to .025 wire and feed roller. Changed the welder polarity. Went to change from a flux to gas nozzle.

DUM DUM DUM....I don't have any! There weren't any in the stuff my brother brought with the welder. It's Memphis, TN and there's 2 inches of snow on the ground. I call HF about 3pm, when they answered, I DID NOT ask if they were open. However, I did ask if they were closing early. Nope. Good so I locked the RAM into 4wd Auto just in case....:) and made the journey. It actually was so cold here that the snow wasn't really on the main roads, yet. Just blowing around. But the Kroger by my house...good Lord, I bet people are peeling up the floor tiles...there can't be anything left. I went at 7:01 Sat morning when they opened to get coffee creamer, just in case.

I am off today for President's day and we are predicted to get 6-10 inches of snow and more Wed. I doubt we work tomorrow or Wed, but I'll probably make the 15 mile one way journey to check on the warehouse. It's supposed to drop into the single digits tonight and tomorrow night.

Anyway, got the gas nozzle on and the Titanium works fine...actually was wondering WHY I haven't switched to gas sooner. Oh yeah, buying a bottle outright was $265, that's why.

IMG_20210214_092831.jpg
IMG_20210215_081244.jpg

IMG_20210214_163240.jpg
IMG_20210214_163248.jpg

When I was done with the wire wheel, my garage looked like a dirt bomb had gone off. I swept and swept and seemed like put 10 lbs of dirt in the can. Then took the leaf blower and blew off all the dust I could from the outside of the car, the cabinets, tool boxes, etc. What a mess. Makes me certain, if this car gets rid of patina and gets painted, it won't be here in this garage. My wife keeps bitching about the :poo: getting tracked in....I work a while, then sweep. Constantly, but the back door is just to your left if you are looking the core support.

I am certain I am not running the factory heater. If it ever needs heat, I will install one of those tiny hot rod heaters or an electric 'Jeep' heater. I am trying to decide if I want to cut this out and just fill in a big square or just fill in the holes.

IMG_20210214_163256.jpg

I want to leave the ribs, since they add some strength to the firewall. So I am thinking I'll just make a big circle and weld it in and some smaller ones to block the hose holes. I bought a copper spoon so I could just weld the bolt holes up. On the off chance I ever want to put factory heat in, I can cut it back out.

As for the air intakes, I am going to put the factory one on the passenger side, but block it off and not put the one on the driver's side. Just fill in a solid panel. I also think I won't close the driver's side of the cowl up until I rewire the car. It is so easy to work on the wiring from the top!

Reactions: 1 users
2” of snow should be no big deal. Another 10” without all season radials sounds disastrous.
It takes a lot of amps (actually watts) to make as much heat as a mini radiator water powered one. I’m not sure what a Jeep heater is, but the biggest defroster for sale at the truck stops takes 30 amps.