Hesitates at wot

Jonatan Issa

Apr 1, 2023
My 1993 fox sometimes it hesitates and you can hear like a pop sound on the back when you floor it.
The car is completely stock like 2 weeks ago bought a 255 fuel pump

Codes: 81,82,84

• Sponsors (?)

Those are all related to the EGR valve and the solenoids on the back of the passenger strut tower.

Did this start after you changed the pump or did you change the pump thinking it would help?

What’s the fuel pressure at idle without the vacuum line on the regulator (plug the line when you do this) and what is it with the vacuum line connected?

When was the last time you checked / changed the following:
Plugs
Plug wires
Cap
Rotor

Does the distributor shift have excessive play up and down or side to side?

Any vacuum leaks?

Have more but you have to start working the problem in stages.

Those are all related to the EGR valve and the solenoids on the back of the passenger strut tower.

Did this start after you changed the pump or did you change the pump thinking it would help?

What’s the fuel pressure at idle without the vacuum line on the regulator (plug the line when you do this) and what is it with the vacuum line connected?

When was the last time you checked / changed the following:
Plugs
Plug wires
Cap
Rotor

Does the distributor shift have excessive play up and down or side to side?

Any vacuum leaks?

Have more but you have to start working the problem in stages.
I changed the fuel pump and the problem was fixed. This week the problem do it again. Can a bad tps can cause hesitation and that “pop” sound when driving? Because I tried to test the volts and always stays on the same volt.

I changed coil,sparks plug, cleaned the MAF and EGR