Hey whats up! More 2.3 power needed

What exhaust are you planning on running ? I chose STINGERS 3" pass side. It requires the use of some V8 exhaust brackets "duals" n modd front V8 brake line brackets to bolt onto the top diff bolt. You could use the stock V8 bracket that bolts to the housing also but that requires the use of the V8 block mounted up n the floor board tunnel on driver side. I used a ford F-150 rubber brake line from the mustangs last brake line bracket on pass side to the top of the diff housing. I used the driver side brake line shortened for the pass side n bought some bulk line to fab the driver side.... heres the brake line dormann H38867
$_12.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

What exhaust are you planning on running ? I chose STINGERS 3" pass side. It requires the use of some V8 exhaust brackets "duals" n modd front V8 brake line brackets to bolt onto the top diff bolt. You could use the stock V8 bracket that bolts to the housing also but that requires the use of the V8 block mounted up n the floor board tunnel on driver side. I used a ford F-150 rubber brake line from the mustangs last brake line bracket on pass side to the top of the diff housing. I used the driver side brake line shortened for the pass side n bought some bulk line to fab the driver side.... heres the brake line dormann H38867
$_12.jpg
I want to do somthing that gives me a nice old 4 cylinder rumble... as well as frees up horsepower, I dont want to sound like one of those :poo: your pants Honda, or one of those coyote 5.0's that sound like you threw a bean burrito at the wall in a taco bell bathroom, I was thinking since I'm a California guy, id do a 3" with a high flow cat, and a either one or two chamber muffler. Iv seen the stinger kit, and I was going to go with either that or see if there's anything else out there or see if there's a local guy that can beat the stuff online. one of the things that Chip said I should do when going to a new exhaust would be switching my downpipe to a V-band set up rather than a 5 bolt (I think I need someone to explain what it is still, first turbo engine)

P.S. just looked at stinger, they have a couple stock location kits I'm interested in that look like they might work without having to touch brake lines (debating on duel exhaust or single, if I keep it single I want it on the drivers side)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
GUYS, I have pictures for you all in case your wonderin' how the engines lookin!

P.S. I some how put all my photos into two albums... not sure how it happened, not sure if i can combine the two, either way enjoy!

I want to do somthing that gives me a nice old 4 cylinder rumble... as well as frees up horsepower, I dont want to sound like one of those :poo: your pants Honda, or one of those coyote 5.0's that sound like you threw a bean burrito at the wall in a taco bell bathroom, I was thinking since I'm a California guy, id do a 3" with a high flow cat, and a either one or two chamber muffler. Iv seen the stinger kit, and I was going to go with either that or see if there's anything else out there or see if there's a local guy that can beat the stuff online. one of the things that Chip said I should do when going to a new exhaust would be switching my downpipe to a V-band set up rather than a 5 bolt (I think I need someone to explain what it is still, first turbo engine)

P.S. just looked at stinger, they have a couple stock location kits I'm interested in that look like they might work without having to touch brake lines (debating on duel exhaust or single, if I keep it single I want it on the drivers side)
I used a DYNO MAX...also CHIP knows his :poo: so I'd do what he says.... I THINK he means this....
ExternalElbow2-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Guys!!!! I got the cam in the mail, got it installed, and im going to shim my lifters tonight, i also gotta get a new head gasket and head bolts because i took the head off and i dont think it would be smart to re use them even though i never ran it i gotta check my ring gap on all my pistons, paranoia is setting in and I think its pretty odd i didnt have to file down any of my rings. And i also think its a bit hard to turn the engine over. So better safe than sorry! I also got a new LA3 ecu!