Hey whats up! More 2.3 power needed

You can use your existing Mustang harness. There're only 4 wires from the VAM connector that need to be spliced into your Mustang harness. I sent you the link to Stinger's site last week. Read it. It's pretty simple.

Also, with almost 300k miles a rebuild would be in order however..........by the looks of the pics and if you want to go cheap.......give it a valve job and a seal-n-shine, drop it in and drive the crap outta it!
hell yea!! i just need to get the vam connecter and the ecu! then slap the engine back together

• Sponsors (?)

The PE computer that General has is more aggressive than an LA3 and would be a great choice! Also, Chip at Big R Motorsports has some LA computers for sale.
Next to last row at bottom of page 'L series ecu' $90

b433015866d668636b4525bc47ecdee8.jpg

You have the VAM, don't you?
If you need a VAM connecter.....I think I have one. $20 'cause they're hard to find and that'll cover shipping too. I need to look for it, though.

Reactions: 1 user
The PE computer that General has is more aggressive than an LA3 and would be a great choice! Also, Chip at Big R Motorsports has some LA computers for sale.
Next to last row at bottom of page 'L series ecu' $90

b433015866d668636b4525bc47ecdee8.jpg

You have the VAM, don't you?
If you need a VAM connecter.....I think I have one. $20 'cause they're hard to find and that'll cover shipping too. I need to look for it, though.
hey sorry! i kind of went MIA for a bit, and if you do happen to have a vam connecter i would totally be wiling to buy it off you

also! an update on the engine! i completely stripped the block, nothing is left but the freeze plugs and main bearings, the crank had the amount of were i would expect for a 300,000 mile car, still looked really good one of the main bearings had a chip in it but the crank had no damage. piston and rings looked good. i think the reason why the car was junked was because of a leaking head gasket and a broken pilot bearing

sorry i forgot to update you all, i have the short block in the shop getting cleaned, magnafluxed and honed as well as polishing the crank. costed a pretty penny too once i get it back i have to decide if i want to have it resurfaced or not.

part from that im ready to start buying some aftermarket parts roller cam, ecu, new exhaust, possibly a new turbo and new injectors. aswell as all the parts that are needed to put the engine together like gaskets and bearings and piston rings

hey guys! my summer vaycation is almost over and im just about ready to put that turbo 2.3 back together, i have pictures for you guys incase you want to see how the block came out, iv also done random cleaning to some of the parts like manifolds, main caps, 1 piston and other stuff

i had it magnefluxed, no cracks, honed, re surfaced and cleaned

Attachments

• 2.3 cleaned.jpg
    2.3 cleaned.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.3 head surface.jpg
    2.3 head surface.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: 1 user
I'd like to see a pic of your connecting rods
You may know they are Boss 302 rods or HiPo 289 rods
Check and double check the ring gap on that 2.3
Surprised the machine shop did not replace all the freeze plugs
You should do it and use some aviation sealer

I'd like to see a pic of your connecting rods
You may know they are Boss 302 rods or HiPo 289 rods
Check and double check the ring gap on that 2.3
Surprised the machine shop did not replace all the freeze plugs
You should do it and use some aviation sealer
My bad forgot to say they replaced all the plugs on the block and they painted it aswell.

I had the piston rings mesured, the piston has 1 standard ring and the rest are metric, and ill send a pic of the connecting rod when i get home