I am Officially A Fox Owner!

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Well yesterday a deal came up that i couldn't refuse. My buddy is buying a house and had to sell his car for the down payment. I picked up this 88 notch for $4000. I think it's a steal. Here's the mod list. I've never owned a fox and don't really know where to go from here. My ultimate dream is to turn it into a street legal monster drag car, minimally street legal that is. I already have a fast SN95 but don't want to beat the hell out of it at the track anymore. Here is the mods list and pics. Where do I begin, what should i put in it for more go? It has ran a best of 12.4@114, I was there with my buddy when he ran it. i would ultimately love to put a 427FE motor in it. Here she is:
Stock block 306
E303 Cam
Edelbrock heads
Edelbrock intake
Lightning MAF
4.10's
CAI
36# Injectors
NOS Dry nitrous Kit
SCT Flipchip
Pro 5.0 Shifter

This is all i know off hand. I'm picking the car up today. I'll post more pics when i get them.

dangt.jpg

dangt2.jpg

Attachments

• dangt.jpg
    dangt.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Sponsors (?)

Thats a nice buy. I actually like that car A LOT. I am not too high on the GT body kid on a notch either but with the small wing on the back I kinda like it. I like the little design on it too. I think it looks awesome but it is still simple. Cool car man.

I picked up this 88 notch for $4000....I've never owned a fox

Here she is:
Stock block 306
E303 Cam
Edelbrock heads
Edelbrock intake
Lightning MAF
4.10's
CAI
36# Injectors
NOS Dry nitrous Kit
SCT Flipchip
Pro 5.0 Shifter
I ain't fair! (storms out and slams door)

j/k congrats and welcome aboard. :nice: Glad your bud is getting a house but he will be sorry for this one. lol

Yep. I just talked to Jesus. He's crying right now... And can't stop. He asked to please remove the stripe, body kit, and wing from that beautiful notch... Or thou shall strike vengeance upon thee.

Not a fan of the ground FX and wing, either, but hey, anything that'll run a 12.4 in the 1/4 mile deserves some respect, regardless. Maybe ditch the FX and rear bumper for a stock LX one, and leave the nose and wing, see how it looks. The stripe doesn't look bad at all, IMO - black on silver is :nice: .

I will demand, however, that you plug a Ford oval badge back into its rightful place at the nose of that car, immediately. :D

I bought my car for $2k and it was a smoking turd. I haven't yet even broken past a 15.0 yet. You think YOU got screwed? :nono: I've probably got at least $6k wrapped up in my 270k-mile beater of a notch by now... :bang:

My buddies brother owns a body shop. They put the bodykit on and repainted the car when he was doing hs second year mechanics apprentice. I'm not a big fan of the kit but don't dislike it enough to spend the cash to take it off and have something else repainted. I think i'm pretty much done with the outside of the car, gonna play under the hood some. Don't really car about the stock motor anyways, that will be the first thing to go so the fact it's been beaten on nitrous really doesn't matter to me either, i already have a 12.2 second daily driver. The notch is gonna be at least at 10 second car come hell or high water. Thanks for the replies guys. Keep em coming. I know I'm gonna have fun with this car.

Nice notch- though the whole purpose of the LX in general and the sedan in particular was not to have schlocky plastic stuck to it- save it for the IROC. If you can get a 427FE, get an old Stang or a Thunderbolt, Fox would be a waste of that machinery. No offense intended, had LX's since they were new, myself. But those 427's are next level. Just through a blower on that combo, you'll be running just as well!:nice: