If we're running 4s why do we want to sound like V8s?

• Sponsors (?)

Penguin said:
Inline 6.. 200ci. It's not hard to do true dual when you have a header which has 2 outlets.

Edit: That's one of the parts I like explaining and showing them. :D

I've seen one before. My friend had a old late 5o's to early 60's truck with a I6. It had tons of Offenhouser parts along with a header like you describe and was a pretty cool looking set up.

Wait a sec, how dare you say conver drivers are looking for a quite cruise with there girl, im in the ending process of a 5.0 swap and i am running side exhaust with no restrictions other than a backwards glasspack...

Way louder that any mustang I have seen....

As for the 2.3 sound issue, I LIKE the sound of the stock 2.3... especially at high RPM's. Maybe it is just me...

But for the sake of that, I plan on building a turbo notch in the future... I dont care for hatches

:D

92Frankenstein said:
Wait a sec, how dare you say conver drivers are looking for a quite cruise with there girl, im in the ending process of a 5.0 swap and i am running side exhaust with no restrictions other than a backwards glasspack...

Way louder that any mustang I have seen....

As for the 2.3 sound issue, I LIKE the sound of the stock 2.3... especially at high RPM's. Maybe it is just me...

But for the sake of that, I plan on building a turbo notch in the future... I dont care for hatches

:D

Umm Its my opinion that a glass pack is nothing but a giant restiction in its self. Also I read a thread once where they dyno that side ways exhaust like the one for mustangs your probly talking about. Anyways they said it actually reduced hp out put. If it was me I would run a search on it to see for sure if its the exhaust your talking about before I wasted my money on it.

pro-hawk said:
If I had to guess, most vert people looking for the wind in there hair and a nice quite cruz with there girl ;)

When people says the word guess exsepcaily me, its pretty much an opinion. If you feel so strongly about this why not start a poll thread because I would really be interrested in the results me self :D

Hmm, I was just sayin' pro, wasnt trying to start a an argument.

I like my vert, and others like there coupes, some like the 4 banger, some prefer no replacement for displacement....

Anyways, I do respect your opinion, and I appreciate your feedback on the side exhaust. However I know a few people with similar setups and its nothing noticeable, just a little more restriction in the exhaust. I really like side exhaust though..... But just like you have yours this is my opinion, probably means **** to the next person!

Thanks hawk.

92Frankenstein said:

Naw, it's not just you, I love the way the 2.3 sounds as well. So weird...it doesn't really sound like a normal 4 cylinder. Is there any reason why this is? I remember asking this a long time ago.

92Frankenstein said:
Hmm, I was just sayin' pro, wasnt trying to start a an argument.

I like my vert, and others like there coupes, some like the 4 banger, some prefer no replacement for displacement....

Anyways, I do respect your opinion, and I appreciate your feedback on the side exhaust. However I know a few people with similar setups and its nothing noticeable, just a little more restriction in the exhaust. I really like side exhaust though..... But just like you have yours this is my opinion, probably means **** to the next person!

Thanks hawk.

You didn't have to say all that stuff...Just tell me to Shut up :D

Haha, I will try to remember for next time. heh

Glad there is no grudge, I see too many people using the forums to Bi tch at each other. I dont want no hard feelings around here, ya know?

Yea, the 2.3 cool. Although im yet to understand the benifits of my dual plug setup.... :shrug: ...emissions my ass...

92Frankenstein said:
Haha, I will try to remember for next time. heh

Glad there is no grudge, I see too many people using the forums to Bi tch at each other. I dont want no hard feelings around here, ya know?

Yea, the 2.3 cool. Although im yet to understand the benifits of my dual plug setup.... :shrug: ...emissions my ass...

I have no hard feelings. I know how ya mean on the griping people out, this is happing in the 4.6L talk with me. Just don't ever tell someone you would rather buy a Cobra than a Mach 1 because every Mach 1 at your local track runs high 14's :rolleyes: This does not go over will with some Mah 1 owners :D I will need anger managment classes after this :bang: :D

ok, so what if i'm a little late on the topic. i personally think the 2.3 has something a V8 will never have...silence. it's funny. people are always like "wtf, that thing's got 2 tips (they assume 5.0), but it's so quiet". element of surprise. like teddy roosevelt said, "walk softly, carry a big stick." V8 cant do that.

kiddiccarus said:
:nice: Slow-Hawk torched a 5.0 Way to go, chalk one up for the good guys

Ya but it was a older one not like the 225 hp newer ones. Hell even 2.3T guys out here gave me hell about whether I beat him or not :rolleyes: Now the next time my SVO is out on the streets hunting 5.0Ls I should have atleast 225 hp my self ;)

Hey speaking of the ole SVO, I started bolting her back together :nice: I mostly started on small stuff like installing the sensors on the lower intake and the oil sending unit on the head. I also put the oil feed line on as well. I trying to see if the bolts are the same lenght on the inline intakes as the sqaure intakes. I only have the inline bolts and they seem to long.

i beat my friends 5.0 at the track...long tubes, underdrives, little intake work, and offroad h pipe...but he was reeling me in like a mutha by the end. he beat me the first time we ran though...

oh yeah, this is with my dual plug 2.3 turbo boosting like 10 lbs...mighta been driver error, but i still call it a win.

kiddiccarus said:
My 5.0 killing days are way ahead of me no matter what year lol, The engine stang queen is waiting on parts, funny you are working on sensor's so am I.

Now I'm bored waiting to figure out if the bolts are the same on both inline and square intakes :scratch: I guess no one does this swap that much anymore :rolleyes: Since I got nothing else to do I started painting brackets :D