Fuel Injector size too big?

• Sponsors (?)

Luckily I don't have that issue since the wiring harness has been replaced.
That’s fixes half your issues but doesn’t put in capacitors into your 30 year old ecm. They don’t last forever! There is a place on eBay the refurbishes Foxbody ecm for like $120. Welll worth it if your going the stock ecm route.

That’s fixes half your issues but doesn’t put in capacitors into your 30 year old ecm. They don’t last forever! There is a place on eBay the refurbishes Foxbody ecm for like $120. Welll worth it if your going the stock ecm route.

The Holley is the most adjustable system you can get and not to mention can be done remotely. You pay for $5-600 for a quarter horse or squirter and you still have all your 30 year old ecm and wires running through out the engine bay. For $1000 you get a plug and play system that will never need to be replaced again.
I can tune anything remotely.. I do it every week. Most adjustable is not correct, in fact the terminator X is almost simplistic with quite a bit locked away from the average user. It does not even have a reasonable way to deal with idle issues unless you know how to generate your own iac follower tables.
I can and have tuned 1000hp builds on a basic $300 micro squirt ( for all purposes is basically an ms2). You can build a harness for cheap if that's your thing, I personally just go steal a harness off a newer LS engine and use it on my sbf.. makes coil packs and cam crank sensors easy to get done. Pin some ampseal connectors and use an microsquirt, ms3pro, or goldbox(ms3 based).
Way more capable ecu than the terminator and done cheaply with a bit of work. But not for everyone as it does require more than average effort.

Reactions: 1 users
I can tune anything remotely.. I do it every week. Most adjustable is not correct, in fact the terminator X is almost simplistic with quite a bit locked away from the average user. It does not even have a reasonable way to deal with idle issues unless you know how to generate your own iac follower tables.
I can and have tuned 1000hp builds on a basic $300 micro squirt ( for all purposes is basically an ms2). You can build a harness for cheap if that's your thing, I personally just go steal a harness off a newer LS engine and use it on my sbf.. makes coil packs and cam crank sensors easy to get done. Pin some ampseal connectors and use an microsquirt, ms3pro, or goldbox(ms3 based).
Way more capable ecu than the terminator and done cheaply with a bit of work. But not for everyone as it does require more than average effort.
agreed.. The Holley terminator is a nice piece but is not the "self tuning" or " most adjustable" system on the market. I see on Bookface groups all the time posts that go like this..

I want to get rid of my 30 year old wiring and EEC what should I buy
Is told by the people who already bought the Holley to buy it
He then buys it and the questions start
How do I keep my A/C?
How do I keep my Airbag?
How do I keep my stock gauges?
Why is my idle and IAC crappy?

Then they find out they have to REUSE part of that 30 year old wiring for the A/C and Airbag.. doh
Then they get the harness and see the recent QC issues with mislabled,mismatched, broken wires, connectors, etc.
Then the next post from the guy is usually... asking for help to get it dialed in or i am going to have this tuned....

lol

IMO if you want a true plug and play get the PRO M or Haltech system. The issue is there is less support and tuners for them vs. Holley.
Personally, the stock EEC and harnesses if in good shape can well support most builds.
Not sure why people bash the Mega and Microsquirt so much. They do have a higher learning curve for most people, but if you are going to pay for a tune anyway.....
Steve is a wizard and can probably tune a car as good as anyone I know.

just my 2 cents of ignorance.

This depends on the goals and the person. I will say me, I went with the Terminator x because at the end of the day I wanted to be able to toss a new plug and play harness in, hook up a few wires, install the screen, wideband and after a weekend of work, enjoy driving the car with modern tech. The Holley software is very self explanatory and you do not need to dig through endless menus and options to do what you want. Look at some youtube videos, there are allot of how to videos.

On the other side of that would be if you’re a advanced user/tuner that likes deep customization then the MS3 pro is probably on another level than the Terminator x. The possibilities with megasquirt seem to be endless from a tuners stand point.

Honestly what you should do is go to Holleys site and download the software. It’s free and it even comes with a few startup tunes for ford engines. Poke around in it and see if it is for you and fits what you need. Do the same for the ms3 software I believe it is Tunersuite. See if the learning curve is what you would expect and what you need to accomplish your goal.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
agreed.. The Holley terminator is a nice piece but is not the "self tuning" or " most adjustable" system on the market. I see on Bookface groups all the time posts that go like this..

I want to get rid of my 30 year old wiring and EEC what should I buy
Is told by the people who already bought the Holley to buy it
He then buys it and the questions start
How do I keep my A/C?
How do I keep my Airbag?
How do I keep my stock gauges?
Why is my idle and IAC crappy?

Then they find out they have to REUSE part of that 30 year old wiring for the A/C and Airbag.. doh
Then they get the harness and see the recent QC issues with mislabled,mismatched, broken wires, connectors, etc.
Then the next post from the guy is usually... asking for help to get it dialed in or i am going to have this tuned....

lol

IMO if you want a true plug and play get the PRO M or Haltech system. The issue is there is less support and tuners for them vs. Holley.
Personally, the stock EEC and harnesses if in good shape can well support most builds.
Not sure why people bash the Mega and Microsquirt so much. They do have a higher learning curve for most people, but if you are going to pay for a tune anyway.....
Steve is a wizard and can probably tune a car as good as anyone I know.

just my 2 cents of ignorance.

I agree with this 2 cents.

I cringe when someone on Bookface suggests someone buy and install a $1K aftermarket ECU system and wiring on a near stock car when the poster doesn't even understand basic EFI troubleshooting

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I agree with this 2 cents.

I cringe when someone on Bookface suggests someone buy and install a $1K aftermarket ECU system and wiring on a near stock car when the poster doesn't even understand basic EFI troubleshooting
I agree, post after post people with stock cars are told to install a terminator x and it is annoying