KZGUNS tuning

• Sponsors (?)

I'll DL this one tomorrow. I locked out the idle fuel when i analyzed accepted then compared to histogram again. blended the whole table and compared again and added some more fuel in the 4000rpm range near the top to get closer to what the histogram was telling me. I think my brain is finally clicking on this a little bit. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes tomorrow!

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    117.4 KB · Views: 99
Got some more logging done. After the first log i made some changes using the very hard analysis then logged again on my way back but haven't made any changes after second log. Car feels strong! Still looks like it wants more fuel in the 4k-4500 range. Maybe i'll add some and see how it feels. Otherwise I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

• 2019-02-16_14.31.35.msl
    6.1 MB · Views: 119
  • 2019-02-16_16.46.25.msl
    6.2 MB · Views: 103
  • CurrentTune.msq
    117.5 KB · Views: 112
I skimmed through this thread so pardon me if it has been discussed:

I would put money on something like a Boost-a-Spark (BAS) cleaning up a good portion of your remaining details. You may even find a slightly broader power range across the board.

Keeping both the coil and fuel pump electrically saturated cleans up a lot of tuning qwerks considering the electrical system we have to deal with.

Edit: changed (BAP) to (BAS)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Setting up over run.
Well the weather got crappy again here so no DL for a bit and I’ll be on vacation in a week. So I’m just drinking beer and looking at DL. I know some people love the popping while decelerating in gear but I don’t. So I wanna see if over run will solve it. Here’s where I think they should be. I didn’t set the tps to zero since it looks like the DL show it occasionally hangs at .2-.3 even though it was calibrated, slight error in the sensor or maybe just because it wasn’t quickly snapped shut? Anyway does this look ok/safe

Attachments

• FBA41AF4-A193-496D-8603-EA1E72FA372B.jpeg
    FBA41AF4-A193-496D-8603-EA1E72FA372B.jpeg
    532.5 KB · Views: 106
Relocated the ECU under the pass seat. Thanks @a91what for the idea, did you secure it at all? Mine seems like it wont really move where is sits. Oh and of course i fired it up to make sure i swapped the wires correctly and it was all good. Now if the weather would improve i can get some more logs, i did get about 40 miles of logs done right before i left for vacation and did a very hard analysis and made some changes. Still getting a high rpm miss so i ordered a Motorcraft TFI module to replace the unknown one i have on there now to see if that solves it.

I did secure mine to the floor but it may not be needed.. up to you if you want to go through the extra hassle.

High RPM miss can be a few things but likely its a hardware issue. If you can get a high speed log when it happens we can look and see if the pip signal is dropping.

was able to get in some DL. High rpm miss is fixed, ford tmi module solved it! Here is 3 DL and current tune. I occasionally get a surge when i stop that clears when i blip the throttle, its random. Overrun settings seem to be working good as well. while warming up if i blip the throttle the rpms will hang but once outta wue it doesn't. overall the car feels good!

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    117.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 2019-03-09_11.20.22.msl
    11 MB · Views: 95
  • 2019-03-10_14.28.20.msl
    9.1 MB · Views: 108
  • 2019-03-10_17.00.16.msl
    8.8 MB · Views: 92
your looking for things like the idle PWM going to high when the throttle is lifted or the timing hanging in a cell with large numbers, keeping in mind that changing timing will affect how the car reacts when its warm

I think I'm going to take some crank to taper seconds out. Early on we put in 9 when we were having issues with he idle and injectors. I think I'll take it down to 5 if that makes sense.

also i compared your ve table to the one i was working on with the DL info and we're pretty close :) I'm definitely feeling 1000 times more confident with this.

Ok i'll see whats happening when it hangs.

its amazing how far you guys come with just a couple hours of time with me over the phone!! I think our last tuning class was in FEB.....??

I was wondering if you would do a review/ startup walk around of the car for my tuning channel??

I think I'm going to take some crank to taper seconds out. Early on we put in 9 when we were having issues with he idle and injectors. I think I'll take it down to 5 if that makes sense.

also i compared your ve table to the one i was working on with the DL info and we're pretty close :) I'm definitely feeling 1000 times more confident with this.

Ok i'll see whats happening when it hangs.
It wont hurt to try altering the setting, I have mine set at 5

its amazing how far you guys come with just a couple hours of time with me over the phone!! I think our last tuning class was in FEB.....??
Yep! At first its very overwhelming and you get that deer in the headlights feeling. Once i had time to sit by myself and look over and compare tunes and use the DL properly it really flips a switch in your brain like ohhhh now i see.

I was wondering if you would do a review/ startup walk around of the car for my tuning channel??

Sure I’d be happy to do a review video for your YouTube channel. Let me know what you’d like me to include.

yay more DL lol so when i'm getting the hanging idle during wu the pwm jump to ~67-70 also when warm i was get a small random surge, i lowered the advance in the first row if the ig. table from 23 to 21 and that seemed to fix that, not sure if that was the correct thing but it was one of the changes i saw in the last tune. i made that change before these DL i also bumped the idle fuel to 46, it seems to like that better.
hmmm i have 2 dl that wont load here because they are too big?

Attachments

• 2019-03-19_12.10.18.msl
    7.7 MB · Views: 96
  • 2019-03-19_13.12.48.msl
    2.9 MB · Views: 102
  • CurrentTune.msq
    117.5 KB · Views: 104