Let’s Talk Air Compressors/set Ups.

It's good to have about 35-50' of pipe between your compressor and your quick disconnect. Somewhere in that 35-50' run you should have a few vertical jogs with ball valves at the bottom of each. I think I have 4 total jogs with a valve at the bottom of each. After my up/down runs it goes to a water catch can/regulator, then you should have a desiccant filter , then to your quick disconnect fitting.
Thanks. Now that I read about your setup, I think I could just forgo spending the money on the drain bottles. I could just tee off a section of line at the bottom of each jog to allow a place for water to collect with a ball valve at the bottom.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I sketched this out at work today. What do y'all think? This system will have four total jogs with drain valves. Not to scale, so I may plumb in one more if I can fit it. There should be more than enough line in the kit to make this happen.

IMG_6734.JPG

I sketched this out at work today. What do y'all think? This system will have four total jogs with drain valves. Not to scale, so I may plumb in one more if I can fit it. There should be more than enough line in the kit to make this happen.

IMG_6734.JPG
Hmmm,....where have I seen this setup before?:chin
527C756C-81E4-4E06-A00E-13CF80658AD2_zpsevuscp2d.jpg

This was the old setup, clearly built out of pvc. With 3 drops, and 3 drain valves. ( the other one is hidden by the hose reel). It lasted fine, with no breaks or leaks, but the new system I'm building will be out of something more resilient.

Hmmm,....where have I seen this setup before?:chin
527C756C-81E4-4E06-A00E-13CF80658AD2_zpsevuscp2d.jpg

This was the old setup, clearly built out of pvc. With 3 drops, and 3 drain valves. ( the other one is hidden by the hose reel). It lasted fine, with no breaks or leaks, but the new system I'm building will be out of something more resilient.
This system is pretty much what everyone has been recommending.

I'm assuming that this was the system with which Dave painted the Monster? If so, that gives me some relief as to whether or not my planned system will sufficiently dry the air for primer at least.

This system is pretty much what everyone has been recommending.

I'm assuming that this was the system with which Dave painted the Monster? If so, that gives me some relief as to whether or not my planned system will sufficiently dry the air for primer at least.

It is, and it would've worked just fine had I not allowed the intake filter to become clogged to the point of the compressor having to run continuously because it couldn't breathe...only after that happened, did we start having some issues with the paint.

Well, and the switch that required I sit there, and keep my finger on the trip valve..

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user