Mustang II clutch fork/ clutch lever

Isegrim

Mar 29, 2019
Deutschland
Hi Guys.
I am looking for a clutch fork / clutch lever for my v8!
I have the bellhous series and the T5 transmission.
Does anyone have one to sell or an idea for an alternative !?
Thank you very much and stay healthy
20200501_140915.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I have no experience with the original bellhousing, I can't give you any advice for your setup.
LILCBRA has posted info about the T5 swap with the original bell housing some weeks ago. The first thing which I see, is that you have put already a pilot bearing into the crank shaft. From what I read in this forum, you need an adapter that the pilot bearing comes more backwards.
Do you have a flywheel and clutch already?

If you know what you need, you can try to get the parts (e.g. clutch fork) from this guy:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...i-slacht-teilen-1974-1978/1356010088-223-1118
He sold me the pedal support with clutch pedal and brake pedal for a fair price.

I tried a quick search on fleebay and turned up nothing.
I think they are a problem to find as well as the bell housings. Ask the person from who you bought the bell housing.

I just did this swap. I went the oil-lite bronze bushing route. The machine shop bought one long piece and made me a short and long bushing from the same stock. It was about $50. The dimensions I found online are below

Which T5? Pre 1993 has the shorter input shaft requiring the longer bushing. I think it's '93 to '95 that use the longer input and thus requires the shorter bushing. What crossmember are you using? Mine was from classic auto. I used the stock trans mount but am ordering this one from summit ( https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-4-1104g) to lower the trans slightly. I had vibration issues but pulled the engine again and just now reinstalling everything. I don;t know it will help but a guide I ran across suggested it.

When doing my research I think I read a t5 fork or another fork works with some minor changes on the bell near the pivot but I don't remember any more details on it.

Here is the pdf I sent the machine shop for my pilot bushing and the one for later t5's

Attachments

• 23.pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 22.pdf
    166.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users
The front bearing retainer needs trimmed to fit the bell. You can trim the bell but I didn't want to modify it. I used the Pro5.0 shifter. I trimmed an inch of the floor. The shifter is at the front of the opening but my handle has an S curve and with a decorative shift boot will be in the right place. I also used a 1979 shift boot to seal the floor. Driveshaft may need shortened. My v6 shaft fit but I wanted the v8 shaft and it needed shortened.

@ extra_stout

yes I have the clutch from classic auto. and I also have the right flywheel .... only the fork is missing ... or an alternative from another model!?

@ enzio

I bought the things 9 years ago ... on ebay usa .... no idea who that was ....

@ IICrew

I have the t5 from a 2004 mustang with the ID
1352-260 022214
and I read that the input shaft is longer than the others.
I also have that
crossmember
con classic auto.
and also the same mounts.

yes I know what I have to cut out to be able to switch .... but it is not bad ... I have to build something.

what i'm looking for is the original clutch fork or from another car which is so similar and has to be modified

pictures still come on the documentation

75 Giha T5

Many, many thanks for your help

stay healthy

I read through the guides I've saved over the years and cannot find the reference to the shift fork. Looking at pictures the fox fork looks close except the slot for the cable is different. If you don't have luck with better information it may be worth getting one and trying it out. I am almost certain I read they work with minor changes to the pivot area. My faulty memory is they had to use an adjustable pivot and clearance a tiny bit near the pivot.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we even get some one to put up a decent picture of the mustang II V8 clutch fork?
Part number?

8gZ58owh.jpg

I have this one. Part Number D52A-7515-AC.
I don't know what it came out of but had 1975 part number
and was short and stubby so I snagged it up for my pending Mutt2 manual trans conversion
Hopefully it is correct.
Q6gOrOV6T+alhea+ITWonw.jpg Dieybb2cQoSokrVgqoCBFA.jpg

Here are the pictures... Do you have a troughout bearing with you clutch kit?

Attachments

• IMG_20200512_095659.jpg
    IMG_20200512_095659.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20200512_095623.jpg
    IMG_20200512_095623.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20200512_095608.jpg
    IMG_20200512_095608.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20200512_095551.jpg
    IMG_20200512_095551.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20200512_095522.jpg
    IMG_20200512_095522.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 126
I bet a fox works.With the way the fox is made it looks like it would sit further back on the bell opening. The II is bent more but on my setup the II fork sits 3/4 way forward in the bell opening. It works fine but the throw is only 25% of the opening. A new clutch cable doesnt work on my setup without cutting 2/3 of the spring off. I bet I could use the stock cable without cutting the spring on a fox fork. The only concern is interference at the pivot area and attaching our clutch cable in my mind.

Do you all think mine is correct but just mis-stamped with its D52A- number? Enzio's is D5ZA
IICrew your picture makes me think mine is right except yours is 12 and 1/4 and mine is 11and 1/2 inches

D52"A "would be a full size ford I think (LTD, Custom500, Galaxie, ) part numbers are confusing.
I think they made a manual trans Galaxie in 75

Thanks guys

They had new cars through out the Ford line up in 75.
but guessing its a typo. Ford part numbers are famous for this very thing .

I'm looking at "A" in the wrong slot to boot