Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I have the redline hood struts on mine. I will say, take their warning seriously about drilling the holes in the underside of the hood. If that bit grabs and pulls through it will ding the hood from the underside and it will be VERY visible from the top (shiny side). Yes, I admit this happened to me but fortunately it was a spare hood I had, and not the actual vin'ed hood I put back on the coupe. When I did my actual hood I wrapped a ton of tape around the bit so it couldn't get pulled through.

Do the struts get in the way from getting access on the side? I was leaning MRT only for the fact they seem to tuck into the corners better and are out of the way

Had some extra hardware. Stainless ARP or generic black?

150D8DF3-C34B-4BA9-85F4-AA802CCEA895.jpeg

Also…..dug my grill out
134F2ABB-4F50-45CC-A92C-277F7D002E48.jpeg

• Loved It!
Reactions: 6 users
It is supposed to hit us here around noon to 1:00.
We are expecting 18-24" with winds of up to 55 mph.
Since it is only 5*F now, I expect most of this stuff to just blow around and create drifts.
It is going to be a challenge to keep the driveway plowed. I have about 400' out to the road to keep clear.
It’s sunny, calm and a beautiful 7 deg day.
As long as we get rain in the spring, I do not mind no snow.

Wife says to me “so what are you gonna spend your money on now that your car is almost done?”

This showed up in the mail today.
9EE90A0B-B10C-439E-B610-45A62515B00F.jpeg

Her comment? “I’d rather you just buy car parts like a normal person”

OK!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
We got about 11" total, but the snow was so small and light that the wind made lots of drifts up over 3' high.
Today it was 45*F today and rain.
Supposed to get 8-12" tomorrow. We shall see.
Just turned on the AC...February thaw. Massachusetts will get their thaw soon. Two to three weeks, and your off for a quicky.

2 years ago we got 18" of snow the first week in MAY! Holy S***. It was gone in 4 days, but still. That winter we had snow on the ground for 7 straight months! Last winter was back to normal with snow on the ground for only 6 months. Mind you, there are times during the month that we don't have any snow on the ground, but at some point during that time we get snow.
Just wait until summer. Then you can hear me bitch about the humidity!

Reactions: 1 user
I have the redline hood struts on mine. I will say, take their warning seriously about drilling the holes in the underside of the hood. If that bit grabs and pulls through it will ding the hood from the underside and it will be VERY visible from the top (shiny side). Yes, I admit this happened to me but fortunately it was a spare hood I had, and not the actual vin'ed hood I put back on the coupe. When I did my actual hood I wrapped a ton of tape around the bit so it couldn't get pulled through.
did the same, no problemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.