Mystery Machine's rebuild thread

I have some 512 parts at home, I believe there is a whole set of Ross pistons. We also have some 501 SRP pistons sitting around too. Big block ford engines can make some big power no doubt.

I have a .030 flat top 460, trickflow CJ style heads, victor intake, solid roller, rons injection alky injection system backed by a powerglide in a backhalved 91lx notch at home. The car run's pretty good 6.40 1/8th but it is pretty tough to work on due to the tight fox chassis. My dad has a tube chassis all fiberglass 06 mustang with a 545ci 460 that runs 5.20's 1/8th @131.

Why don't you find a cheap junk yard 5.0 put new gaskets and seals on it and throw it in to get the car running till you get the 514 stroker project ready?

• Sponsors (?)

If I was gonna do something like that I would just rebuild mine. I have 9 years before I can drive the stang with the 514. I hate emissions testing lol. I want something that's gonna be fun. A stock 5.0 wasn't enough for me before so I know it won't be now.

My whole worry is destroying the stock block. I want whatever I build to be built with a future turbo in mind. If I ever get that this just ain't enough bug. I can just buy a turbo and throw it on and not have to worry about being at or over the 500HP mark and have it go boom.

I'm really considering a 347. I'm thinking a Turbo'd 347 gotta be close or over 500. I might be way off though

Well I have changed my mind again lol. I am leaning more towards a 351 now. The thought is a 351 block, TFS heads (not sure if I want the 205's or 225's), and TFS R 351 intake (I might get the 90mm opening intake. If I do that I will need a bigger tb and maybe maf. The other option is a 75mm opening. I could use my 75mm tb) I say maybe MAF cause I forget what size mine is lol. I think its an 80mm

Possibly a custom cam.

Gotta get to looking for a block now. Might snag a junkyard one and sell off what I don't need

Won this tonight on ebay

cantonpan.jpg

cantonpan2.jpg

cantonpan3.jpg

Canton 7qt 351 swap pan

Some new pics of the progress. Found some carnage

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Not sure if this is from the bad head gasket or not
IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

Some of the pistons had marks in just like my Ram pistons did
IMG_1455.jpg

CARNAGE! Not as bad as some I've seen but it made me laugh and be proud :rlaugh:
IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

Head where the bad piston was. Valves look fine :shrug:
IMG_1465.jpg

Getting it ready for some 35's LOL
IMG_1474.jpg

At the end of the day
IMG_1475.jpg

Me being retarded
IMG_1477.jpg

That's not nearly as bad as mine. I'm guessing you weren't turning 6500 rpm when it broke? lol

You should have the heads checked if you plan to reuse them. I had to have 2 valves replaced and the valve seats needed fixed.....don't know why you would reuse stock heads tho....

Well now its pretty much on hold till I get the engine and parts gathered up. Engine is gonna be at least 2 weeks cause I work every other Saturday. Sat is the only day I would be able to yank a engine out of a junkyard.

I was pondering a K member and was given a link to AJE. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get one or not with the future BB idea. However with AJE's you can just swap motor mounts and drop a new engine in. I might pick one up now and just do it up now. I need to contact them cause I'm a little confused as to what all comes with it.

Mike I'm not reusing them. Even if I was keeping the stock block I would get aftermarket heads. I know compared to some pics I have seen my little chunk is like nothing. I was proud to find damage though lol

The engine is basically ready to pull out. Gotta unbolt the motor mounts and pull it on out. I'm gonna tear is all down for the hell of it see what else I can find. I'll hang on to it. Never know when another project might come along ha ha

BTW Ryan are you the one that works at AM?

LOL you damn redneck! :D What the hell you been doing? Taking MM offroading? :lol:

I wish I was closer, I would come over and we would get that brch going in no time!

Hey I am REALLY thinking about going and buying a battery for mine's mutang. I was going to do it tonight but had to take muh busted ass ladder rack off the truck. Been doing alot of work to it lately. Drum brakes and U-joints. This weekend looks to be shocks/struts.

But anywho.. thanks for the link to your project. How the feck you been anyway scooter?

lol I'm doing ok. Working all the time to pay for my hobbies. Maybe I should say getting paid to do a little work. I'm guaranteed my hours no matter what so I get paid to sit at home a lot. Best part of the job ha ha. All that crap on the car is from when it was in the field a few months back. I'm in no hurry, I mean I want my car back. I have a lot of work planed for it and an expensive parts list though. Gonna take my time