Mystery Machine's rebuild thread

• Sponsors (?)

Engine is down to the block need to get it checked over and all that good stuff. The idea as of right now is

408 Stroker
TFS 205 or 225 heads
TFS 351R intake with the 90mm opening
90mm lighting maf
75mm tb maybe for the time being might sell it and get a 90 before all is said and done we'll see
30's (beings I have them already. if they are maxed out I'll upgrade them later)
Still figuring on a set of LT's
maybe a custom cam still not sure on that yet either

There will be other stuff upgraded as I go and added but that's the basics as of now. We know how I like to change my mind lol

HOPEFULLY this will pass emissions

Talked to the garage today and apparently PA changed the emissions rules. He tells me that as long as I'm under the 5,000 mile mark or whatever it is I'll be exempt. I said "I thought I still had to have it done cause it sat so long?" he says as long as he can read the sticker or I have paperwork from the last time it doesn't matter. I have to double check my miles but I should be under the mark I think.

soooo 408 with TFS 225 heads here we come!!

Really got me excited today wish I had the money to buy up all the parts and get this thing rolling

i could have told you that Jinx, my bad. i thought you were planning on running it all the time and didn't want to have an exemption sticker. it makes things soooo much easier. last few years i haven't even driven it over 4k miles.

I knew about the under 5,000 rule. The thing was before now even if I was under 5,000 it would have had to been done due to being off the road for so long.

I still would like it to pass just in case I go over that mark. Keeping an eye on my miles is gonna be tough cause I'll wanna drive it all the time

Yup we did Beach Haven. Did you see the show? How was it and be hnest. My 8 year old niece said it sucked lol

Yep i was sitting at the park. It was a blast man you guys did a great job. IMHO one of the best shows i have ever seen, my friends thought the same as well. (including the g/f just asked her)

Were u guys ok ? I saw one blow a little low to the barge. lol

Next time your around we need to hang out because its obvious im never gonna be at any shows.

:nice::nice::nice::nice::nice::nice::nice::nice::nice::flag::flag::flag:

Now the drive off the island... Thats what sucked. i even hung around with a few friends that lived down there for like an hour...

The green one? it went off on the barge lol. Yeah we are good. My shirt was on fire 99% of the show. Had to rip part of the sleeve off cause it was burning my arm had one knock me backward over the racks behind me, when I came back up my helmet went flying. After the show I went to jump from one barge to the other and couldn't see almost forgot the one was smaller and somehow turned enough to make the smaller one and not fall into the water.

It was a bad night. Worst night I think we've ever had doing that show. Only other one that might be close or top it was when it rained a few years back

Fox body valve covers on a `94-`95 GT? I did the same thing but found out the oil filler tube was interfering with the cold air pipe so I heated it up and stuck a piece pipe in it and bent it out of the way, ruined the powder coat paint, oh well.

Yeah some people say they have problems with the oil fill tube hitting the alt or something. I didn't have much of an issue IIRC. I'm kinda upset that I might have to get rid of them on the new setup. I don't know if they will clear the new stuff

Just wanted to let you guys know I haven't given up on the MM.

I have RDP motorsports on my facebook and they posted a sale on CPR fuel rails. I spoke to Steve the owner and ended up ordering a set. He said they would have to be special made for my car but would still be the sale price.

This got the itch going again. Of course I get it when it's winter and freaking cold out.

I'm thinking after christmas I'm gonna start picking parts up for it. Some scott rod panels will be on the list of the first things I order. Need to get the engine bay in order

Yeah dude, the cold sucks. I got those scott rod door panels, but its too damn cold to go out and relocate the window/lock switches and mount em up. My stock door skins were creakin and rattling and driving me nuts! Look forward to seeing any progress you make come spring.