Mystery Machine's rebuild thread

• Sponsors (?)

Messed with it yesterday. Didn't do too much just removed some brackets out of the bay. Also tried to get my fenders off so I can pull the wires out of the way and all that.

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

If I have to I'll have them mix me some paint and I'll try my hand at spraying it myself. One way or another the bay will be green. I'd love to have the bay all ready and the rest of the car preped and just tow it to the shop and say here ya go paint it. Have them do it all at once and be done with it. We shall see when I get more into spending money on parts and what not

If I have to I'll have them mix me some paint and I'll try my hand at spraying it myself. One way or another the bay will be green. I'd love to have the bay all ready and the rest of the car preped and just tow it to the shop and say here ya go paint it. Have them do it all at once and be done with it. We shall see when I get more into spending money on parts and what not

maybe if i can get a day off from working on my car i can come give you a hand.

little update for you guys. I have been looking for a engine which some of you know from the Carlise thread. I was thinking I was down to buying any year 351 and going to the linked lifters. Made a couple calls tonight to people on craigslist found one in a 79 LTD demo derby car LOL. Wasn't sure if I wanted to tempt faith with it or not though. I get home tonight and my buddy had IM'd me links of ones he found. Somehow he found a complete 94 engine with 118,000 miles not too far from here for $250. Gonna call him first thing in the morning and see if he still has it. If he does I'm gonna hopefully go snag it up tomorrow.

I got me a 3 day weekend so hopefully I'll get some **** done on the car. I would really like to get the damn motor out. I'm still pissing around with it ha ha

Come on Troy you know that's no fun.

Honestly no matter what I got I was rebuilding. Too many problems in the past with this car not to have a 100% new clean engine to start with. He said this one has sat outside for "about 4 weeks" so I wouldn't trust just throwing it in. My dad said to put it in fire it up and then pull it out again. Crazy bastard that's too much work lol

Hah! If you look at my 351 thread my motor looked exactly like that! Mine was supposed to be from a running car but when I opened it up the coolant passages were full of what looked like super hard jello! So I knew those guys were full of it! I paid 300 for mine and it's torn down to the short block as of right now.

Keep the updates coming! I'll be putting mine in with next years income tax.

Damn your project is taking a while too.

I forgot my damn camera today. Had to take pics will my cell. Engine is out of the car. 351 is on the stand. Not sure what project I'll tackle tomorrow. Either start tearing the 351 down or start working on the engine bay.

Probably not the best way you pull it out but it worked lol
5bf58967.jpg

1e164e2f.jpg

4550eeff.jpg

68679461.jpg