NEED HELP!!! Need to fill my diff with oil!

• Sponsors (?)

Yep. Spray it with some PB or something first and let it sit. You really don't wanna strip that thing out. Then you're ****ed. Lube always helps in a tight situation.

Too late, my 3/8" drive wouldn't do it, I don't think it's been off...ever. Having it towed to the shop cause I cant get that or the quad shocks off with the tools I have because those have never been off either :(

Ok guys, this plug isn't friggen coming out and I really don't want to admit defeat and have my car towed to my mechanic. I've been told I can fill through the vent on the axle housing, I just need to know how much. The bottom slump is still full of oil, how much will I need to add to that and any tips for filling through the vent?

Ok guys, this plug isn't friggen coming out and I really don't want to admit defeat and have my car towed to my mechanic. I've been told I can fill through the vent on the axle housing, I just need to know how much. The bottom slump is still full of oil, how much will I need to add to that and any tips for filling through the vent?
Not sure what you mean by the "bottom slump" being filled with oil. If you mean the amount of lubricant that remains in the housing after you remove the housing cover, it can't be more than 4 to 8 oz. (depending on how the car is jacked up).

The rear differential should require a total of 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 quarts of fluid, including friction modifier. 2 quarts of lube and the 4 oz. bottle of friction modifier should just about do it.

If you are unsure of how much fluid is actually in there, remove the cover, empty it out, replace the cover, then add the full, required amount through the vent hole.