Need info on free flowing, straight through design mufflers

I am putting tailpipes back on my car and removing dumps. I find this a good opportunity to change my mufflers. I am now running regular mac mufflers. I am looking for a muffler that is very raspy and will give me the most hp gain..thanks for info..

• Sponsors (?)

what midpipe do you have?

If you want rasy I would think spintechs are the raspiest muffler I ahve ever heard. I would think spintechs with an off road x pipe would the raspiest setup postible.

manapack and lound mouth sound more like strait pipe. strait pipe is not really raspy.

my favorite muffler is the borla xr-1 series. they just sound sick IMO.

hognutz said:
what midpipe do you have?

If you want rasy I would think spintechs are the raspiest muffler I ahve ever heard. I would think spintechs with an off road x pipe would the raspiest setup postible.

manapack and lound mouth sound more like strait pipe. strait pipe is not really raspy.

my favorite muffler is the borla xr-1 series. they just sound sick IMO.
I have mac H pipe,,mac long tubes,,I was told about dynomax race bullit mufflers,I was told they sound great and flow like crazy,,,Anyone else heard or using these??

swl987 said:
what the hell are dumps?
they are also referred to as turndowns.
basically the exaust tubing stops at the end of the muffler with flanges that are turned down to face the ground. therefore there is no tubing that goes over the rear axle and no tips at the back of the car. it makes the exhaust loud in some cases and its also for some weight reduction.