NEW "DAILY DRIVER" THREAD!!!

I think I'll just drive the Metro until something expensive craps out on it (transmission, clutch, dizzy, whatever) and save some money in the meantime, then just ditch it for cheap on Craigslist and score a second Fox. :shrug: If it weren't for the horrible lack of go-power and the fact that I feel like I'm sitting in a plastic-lined Dr. Pepper can on wheels, the HARBL would be an awesome DD.

Seems to me any EFI Fox with a 5.0 and a 5spd is about the best all-around DD in the poor man's car market. With a T-5 and 2.73 or 3.08 gears, getting around 25 MPG highway ain't too shabby, it's got more than enough zip to keep up with traffic and such, it's a lot safer than a tin-can Metro, parts are cheap and plentiful (plus I've got spare parts out the wazoo, anyway), and I can service just about anything on the car except for the rear gears and mounting/balancing tires.

• Sponsors (?)

I think I'll just drive the Metro until something expensive craps out on it (transmission, clutch, dizzy, whatever) and save some money in the meantime, then just ditch it for cheap on Craigslist and score a second Fox. :shrug: If it weren't for the horrible lack of go-power and the fact that I feel like I'm sitting in a plastic-lined Dr. Pepper can on wheels, the HARBL would be an awesome DD.

Seems to me any EFI Fox with a 5.0 and a 5spd is about the best all-around DD in the poor man's car market. With a T-5 and 2.73 or 3.08 gears, getting around 25 MPG highway ain't too shabby, it's got more than enough zip to keep up with traffic and such, it's a lot safer than a tin-can Metro, parts are cheap and plentiful (plus I've got spare parts out the wazoo, anyway), and I can service just about anything on the car except for the rear gears and mounting/balancing tires.

why dont put a 5.0 in your DD.....that would be fun...:nice:

Yea I did the beater thing since I bought the Mustang, but finally got sick of it and upgraded. Just don't get a brand new one and they're pretty cheap. When I was looking for my G coupe I found tons of 03-04 sedans that were under and around $14K. Surely the '03 Stang is worth nearly that right? Or was the G35x only 05+? :shrug:

BTW, you know what's worse than not putting money into your bank account? Taking a bunch OUT to buy a car cash :crazy: I still hurt.

I hate having a Mustang as a DD.

I really want to trade this in for a G35x

Stang1.jpg

why do you hate having a mustang as a DD?? if i wasn't in jersey i would have one for a DD.. the occasional snow is what has me. I used to DD my fox all through highschool and into college

Guess who's BAAAAAAAAAACK? :D

That's right ladies and germs, good ol' Ike83 has FINALLY gotten a chance to post (my work recently banned internet access for all employees). :nonono:

Anyway, I'm here to represent the all-time GREATEST daily driver suitable for ALL environments (rain, snow, ice, mud, dirt, gravel, on-road, off-road, and street racing).

Ladies and germs.....I present to you, the Subaru WRX! :nice:

why do you hate having a mustang as a DD?? if i wasn't in jersey i would have one for a DD.. the occasional snow is what has me. I used to DD my fox all through highschool and into college

I'm 26...and have driven Mustangs since I was 16. I now have a professional job, and sometimes i just feel to "old" to be driving my car. After 10 years of banging gears down the street behind the hum, of a v8...you want something different.

For a weekend/summer car it's awesome. I still plan on keeping my Fox, but it's time for me to get something a little more mature for work, future family, etc.

Plus there's the whole winter thing, being loud, rough ride, hard to drive smooth thing.

I drove Fox bodied mustangs from 18 to 25 as DD. I really enjoyed them but now that I am older(30). Which is not old by any strech of the word, but I prefer the creature comforts and smooth ride. Not to mention AWD when the weather is crappy.

So I have a 2004 Jaguar X-Type for the DD. Its still a Ford product and a 5 spd. I still do drive the 87 Gt vert/88 Monte Carlo SS on nice days/weekend cars and I love it....

I'm 26...and have driven Mustangs since I was 16. I now have a professional job, and sometimes i just feel to "old" to be driving my car. After 10 years of banging gears down the street behind the hum, of a v8...you want something different.

For a weekend/summer car it's awesome. I still plan on keeping my Fox, but it's time for me to get something a little more mature for work, future family, etc.

Plus there's the whole winter thing, being loud, rough ride, hard to drive smooth thing.

:jaw: i dont think ill ever get tired of the good ole sound of a 5.0...maybe it being loud but that can be fixed...my cars really loud :( it hurts my ears...

im an old gesser...... :(

:jaw: i dont think ill ever get tired of the good ole sound of a 5.0...maybe it being loud but that can be fixed...my cars really loud :( it hurts my ears...

See how fast that changes in 10 years buddy... its bound to happen.. Not saying you'll be tired of it, cause most of us arent, we just prefer quiet comfortable rides to get us two and from work.

Wait 10 years...you'll see.

When i was 16 i said the same thing. Now when i take a chick out on a date, i'm embarrassed to do so in a Mustang. I actually borrow my sister's Maxima if i take a new girl out on a date.

My ideal garage would be:

2006 G35X sedan with tint, rims and maybe some mods
My '88 5.0 LX

I'll be a happy man next spring/summer. I'd do it now, but i just spent $4K on a home theater setup :)

I was just expressing my opinion. Personally I wouldn't spend a dime to polish a turd. BTW If you think your POS NEON runs faster than a Corvette you're either delusional like the ricers that try to race me in their civics or just plain stupid.

My Neon is faster than a Corvette :eek:

And you want a 2007 G35x. I drive them all the time at the stealership, and they are miles ahead of the 2006.

For the record, my daily is a 1997 Neon that's falling apart. Replacing it is a 1995 Civic hatchback.
Since I sold my 5.0L, I have since bought a 12 second Neon, and I'll be parting ways with my RX-7.
Neon upgrades to follow, and I'll see about getting a G35S for a daily.

Mustang5L5 said:
Now when i take a chick out on a date, i'm embarrassed to do so in a Mustang. I actually borrow my sister's Maxima if i take a new girl out on a date.

OMG, you're into chicks!? Got more pics of yourself like the one in your avatar?

You're so gonna get about 30 PM's from guys hitting on you now Mike :D :rlaugh:

Wait 10 years...you'll see.

When i was 16 i said the same thing. Now when i take a chick out on a date, i'm embarrassed to do so in a Mustang. I actually borrow my sister's Maxima if i take a new girl out on a date.

My ideal garage would be:

2006 G35X sedan with tint, rims and maybe some mods
My '88 5.0 LX

I'll be a happy man next spring/summer. I'd do it now, but i just spent $4K on a home theater setup :)

How true is this. The allure of driving a fox stang wears off after a while. There is only a small window of opportunity where a car like that will get you laid. Take advantage while you can! It works like a charm. I DD my Fox right now too...due to lack of another vehicle or money to buy one.

Going into the winter right now i wish my car had a catted H pipe, stock mufflers, gears, and clutch. My GF doesnt really like riding in it...and everytime i get in the thing its a wild process of watching gauges, short shifting to avoid the fuzz, and trying to get some sort of decent fuel economy. I need to put this car away and get one of those Festiva's or a ford tempo!!!!

You will understand in a few years grasshopper.