• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Forced Induction New Engine And Turbo - First Start Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter wiseguyk
  • Start date Start date Feb 1, 2018
  • Tags Tags
    first start new engine tuning turbo
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3

wiseguyk

5 Year Member
Sep 23, 2016
302
85
58
Florida
Feb 6, 2018
#41
  • Feb 6, 2018
  • #41
Noobz347 said:
This happened during Raceoholic's build. I think he even describes the circumstances.
Click to expand...

I'm checking out his build thread now, it's 150 pages!
 

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
4,968
3,514
204
Spokane, Wa
Feb 6, 2018
#42
  • Feb 6, 2018
  • #42
wiseguyk said:
I'm checking out his build thread now, it's 150 pages!
Click to expand...
It's worth reading every page, hope you have a full day to commit to it. Spoiler alert! He's a guy that washed his cylinders and had to rebuild due to improper setup of a tune file that dumped too much fuel. IIRC it had something to do with CLT (coolant temp).
 

wiseguyk

5 Year Member
Sep 23, 2016
302
85
58
Florida
Feb 6, 2018
#43
  • Feb 6, 2018
  • #43
Just ordered the PiMPxs plus a few other goodies. Woohooo!
 
Reactions: a91what and FoxMustangLvr

FastDriver

I was uncomfortably high & wearing a helmet
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
6,147
2,777
224
Vass, NC
Feb 9, 2018
#44
  • Feb 9, 2018
  • #44
Damn, guys! I'm really impressed with this system. It looks like an awesome affordable setup. Honestly, I think you guys can do some things I can't, or can't figure out, with my Big Stuff. For example, I see no way to adjust fuel trims or timing based on IATs.

It would be really cool to have a tuning buddy near by. Would love to see/work with this or a similar system. Anyone here near Monterey, CA?
 

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
1,904
143
94
Yesterday at 10:50 AM
#45
  • Yesterday at 10:50 AM
  • #45
FoxMustangLvr said:
Double check all your work before starting up. Prime the oil system, fresh battery, no forgotten tools in the engine bay, fresh 91 (or 93) octane, etc. Turn key to the ON position and listen for the fuel pump to prime, get out and check for leaks. At this point the car should be OK to be fired up and let idle. I'd stay out of boost. A lot of people will drive their cars to the tuner. At least this way if you have any small issues (self inflicted) you can get them sorted out at home instead of paying someone else to do it for you. At any moment you feel like something is wrong then turn it off.

I have a stock 5.0 and I supercharged it a year ago over last winter. I was nervous AF on my first start up! With lots of new fuel parts, PiMP ECU, and the blower I was afraid something would go wrong (like being too lean or rich). What do you know, car started up and idled very well the first time! Tuning it was a lot of fun too.

One more thing. If you have free towing coverage then you could use it to get your Mustang towed to the performance shop. I've done this before but I don't tell the insurance company that I've modified the car and getting it towed in order to get it tuned.
Click to expand...
I know an old post but looks like you were on in May of this year. So what would you tell the Ins co in order for them to honor that? I'd think in most cases the car would need to have been in an accident and need to get towed somewhere but being at your home?
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Engine Another no start after washing engine bay
  • bruno
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
878
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
Microsquirt tune for stroked 351W in a foxbody
  • roldy
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
6
Views
239
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 11, 2026
roldy
R
Hard to start when engine is cold
  • 86_Capri
  • Mar 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
32
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2026
CAMTWO1070
A
Help ID - Turbo GT, SVO differences
  • aldoelmalo
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
155
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 2, 2026
aldoelmalo
A
H
Forced Induction On3 Turbo Kit- Parts list NEEDED - 302 Stock Motor
  • Hirothecool1
  • Feb 27, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 7, 2026
slow84lx
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?