New MS2 kit User on a 95' GT

Well I tried out the tune tonight. Its still missing. I gave it a full WOT at one point and it was more of a bog than a miss. Looking at the log file it looks like it is still too lean? Reading Blow88GT's post, I found the box my injectors came in, like 8-10 years ago...lol. They are Ford Racing M-9593-A302 #24. I found this online from ford: https://performanceparts.ford.com/parts/ics/m-9593-a302.pdf I have an autometer electric fuel pressure guage in the car with a transducer on the fuel rail, my pressure is set right a 40psi and I have never seen it vary. i have a log file....its a little big. The tune is the same as what you sent me. I didnt run autotune or anything. Thanks for helping and looking.

Attachments

• 2019-08-22_19.29.10.msl
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
  • Sponsors (?)

...Reading Blown88GT's post, I found the box my injectors came in, like 8-10 years ago...lol. They are Ford Racing M-9593-A302 #24. I found this online from ford: https://performanceparts.ford.com/parts/ics/m-9593-a302.pdf ...
Use that Ford data & this online spreadsheet to calculate DT & BCV.
Follow the instructions in the spreadsheet substituting the data in the pdf.
NOTE: the real link is below this view. DO NOT use the data in this view, it for an LU80 (80 lbs/hr).

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10c8Iy5SUUmVkLgrrrDhnDFFpDzghk93XajWRFWStqG4/edit#gid=302838282

Last edited:
Tried the 2.0.6 tune. Its definitely getting better. I am wondering why when driving i can see the advance being pulled out and AFR going down of it vs revving in the driveway and the advance...well advancing more and the AFR going up.
Driving:
Rev2.0.6_driving_graph.png

Driveway:
Rev2.0.6_driveway_rev_graph.png

Anyhow thanks again for looking and helping. here is the log.

Attachments

• 2019-08-23_20.31.39.msl
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Its getting better. Still "missing" in the upper rpms. BTW, in my previous post I was just trying to say that I don't feel I'm much help to you...lol. Anyhow here is the log file....Thanks again for your time and knowledge.

Attachments

• 2019-08-24_11.29.20.msl
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
It does seem like you are getting things dialed in, but you need to focus on the rule of AFR=AFR Target. These need to match so what you are commanding (AFR Target) equals what you are producing wideband reading (AFR). I assume that you saw a miss right at the end of your log as below is a picture of you commanding 14.0, but were producing 18.9.

1566826788376.png

Reactions: 1 user
I have run Rev.2.0.7 for a bit now and my AFR vs AFR Target is getting closer, but, I am starting to have idling issues. It is surging at time, stalling or almost stalling. Also, I am in a bit of a hilly area, on a longer decell it wants to or does stall. Just kinda makes driving in any kind of traffic difficult. Also i put my values in for my injectors into the spreadsheet Blown88GT posted. For the MS2 output I end up with a dead time of 0.615131..... and battery correction of 0.1126141.... @ 39.15 psi. My tune has values of dead time of 0.900 and battery correction of 0.200 with my pressure set @ 40 psi, i see it running 38-40 psi, I have an electric gage in the car. That is almost 50% difference, should i change that value before i go too far auto tuning? It seems like I am usually on the lean side, I thought maybe less of a dead time would fatten it up? Anyhow, thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    119 KB · Views: 78
  • 2019-09-08_17.14.20.msl
    795.3 KB · Views: 82
Idle and Decell are very good. Makes driving in traffic much better. It looks like its still just a bit lean, alot when i first start mashing it. Is it best just to keep letting it autotune at this point?

Attachments

• Rev_2.0.8_pre_autotune.msl
    332.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Rev_2.0.8_post_auto_tune.msl
    679.4 KB · Views: 74
  • CurrentTune.msq
    119 KB · Views: 78
I ran 2.1.0 today. I actually drove to work, about 28 miles round trip. I autotuned there and back. I still have an upper rpm what issue acts like a miss, which I am assuming is because its still lean. I can see it in the data file when the map signal starts wavering at the 66 second mark. I see the afr is still lean there as well. What I am confused about is the pull at 36 seconds it seems like the data for the cursor line you place on the time axis, the values for afr and afr target are flipped? For example @36.6 sec the green line (afr target) is 12.7 and its below the white line that is 12.2. Am i reading this wrong somehow? Anyhow thanks for all the help. It is getting better.

Attachments

• 2019-09-10_20.12.53.msl
    674.9 KB · Views: 78
  • CurrentTune.msq
    119 KB · Views: 91
The lines in the datalog are independent of each other so they may have similar values but different URV and LRV which will affect how they look when compared. You can right click the values and alter the upper and lower ranges so they are the same.