Nicks fast back conversion

Well, I found '67-'68 fastback rear seat frames, but not '65-'66. I also found R3 Performance Products, which bought out Thoroughbred International (or Thoroughbred GT) that made 'skeletons' for '65-'66 fastbacks.

squelette.jpg

R3PP was in California, but is now in Broken Arrow, OK which is close to me. Thoroughbred made jig welded coupe to fastback skeletons as well as coupe to fastback skeleton kits.

coupkit.jpg

I called them at lunch and talked to someone who didn't say they wouldn't, but sure didn't sound like they were interested in selling me what I wanted for a self install.
Its all available through Dynacorn . I ordered all the metal through Stang-aholics ,Ryan has all the part numbers

• Sponsors (?)

I guess I'm not being clear, I don't have the rear seat frame that the foam and seat cover goes on for a '65-'66 fastback.

T145213123.jpg
('67-'68 lower seat frame shown)

Dynacorn doesn't list it and Stang-aholics doesn't show it on their website.

Welcome home my sweet !
Got it delivered today . It is a factory black ,been repainted a few times , with white, and black and white interior . 272 with automatic but has been changed to a 292 . It was also a factory padded dash and still has the stainless trim
20200320_145900.jpg
20200320_151116.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
There’s a huge price difference between the ‘66 door frame and the non-assembled ‘67 frames!

D95E7D15-23C2-475C-A7AC-2E9EACF66C2F.png

8334D9AC-9EE1-4A39-9752-A78CF54E01D2.png

Glad I found this post, I was note sure if I was more insane for wanting to pay $1600-$1900 each for the full quarter panel or more insane for wanting to make only the pieces I need, not sure why they don't offer all those pieces I guess they have you cornered if you want to do a conversion even if you don't need the rockers and wheel tubs!

I searched weeks for someone who has done a conversion like this, great work! What did you use for these pieces? Are they from another fastback, did you make them or find them somewhere? It seems like a ton of money and work to have to remove the rockers and wheel tubs since they are already in good shape. I called Dynacorn they said no go on selling those parts, maybe if they got more requests or maybe they just have the market cornered on fastback conversion pieces. I may be pushing it a bit but I bought the window only section and from what I see there is also no reason to replace the quarters since those are in great shape also so that's about $4600 I don't need to spend. The roof panel, rear roof cross brace, outer drip rail and filler panel fill in all the outer stuff and make it possible to see where everything needs to be and make sure the glass fits and the doors shut before welding it all in place!

Attachments

• fba.JPG
    fba.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 103
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 116
Got it on the rotisserie today and rolled the wheel lips still want to tighten up the fold a bit and i have to weld the wheel lip to the wheel tubs . Nick ordered just about everything to finish the body . A 347 stroker kit is next to order . I have an Art Car C 4 that we will run for now ,along with a stall converter until we find a good top loader
20200425_182400.jpg
20200425_182410.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I guess Nick is going to order the stroker kit ,i will have to dig out my best block and get it bored and prepped . I think i have a very clean stock bore 68 302 block to build on . For now we are going to port and machine a stock set of 65 heads ,i have a set that were redone but need to be taken apart and cleaned because they have set for a while . Later on he will go with a set of aluminum heads

Reactions: 1 users