Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

See Urban dictionary:
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'm mildly amused that you used a picture of a die cast model to illustrate your point.

Lol, I was waiting for someone to point that out. But they are accurate with their modeling, let me tell ya!

But back on topic. The weather man had said earlier this week that it was supposed to be low 60's today. Of course that has dropped to a high of 55 degrees now that today has come. But you can be sure that its currently 35 degrees, fighting to get to that high of 55 by 15:00 or so today. So needless to say, I am not out doing much in the garage yet. I went to my 7 year old son's last basketball game this morning, and am currently sipping coffee waiting for the sun to start warming things up. I went out and let the car idle up to running temp and positioned it to have more access to the front bumper, and while doing so I see that my coolant overflow tank has a leak. It looks to be in good shape otherwise, so I think I am going to pull a @Davedacarpainter and fix it, rather than buying new. Also, since my adhesive will not be here today, I should have some free time to start replacing some of my broken interior pieces that I already ordered new and have sitting around. I have until 6PM tonight before I am being forced to go out for my wife's best friend's B-day. Yippee ki yay, let me tell ya.

Every time I look at it Noobz, I get bothered more and more that the guy didnt take the time to smooth the SN body line out of the front bumper.

upload_2017-3-4_13-58-33.png

You mean this? That's probably because you recognize it as an SN body line. I didn't. I like it. It helps to tie in with the side skirts IMO.

I'm bias though... I have ALWAYS loved the look of a 4-eye with a splitter.

Edit:
I think I'm going to do this. :chin The more I see it, the more I like it.

Edit Edit: @Davedacarpainter I think I'd want to get rid of the vertical line between the fender and nose piece. Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user
upload_2017-3-4_13-58-33.png

You mean this? That's probably because you recognize it as an SN body line. I didn't. I like it. It helps to tie in with the side skirts IMO.

I'm bias though... I have ALWAYS loved the look of a 4-eye with a splitter.

Edit:
I think I'm going to do this. :chin The more I see it, the more I like it.

Edit Edit: @Davedacarpainter I think I'd want to get rid of the vertical line between the fender and nose piece. Thoughts?
I'm not sure which thing you're talking about. I just can't get past those ugly front fender mouldings he has. They aren't the '85-'86 like the bumper. They don't match the bumper.

It looks like he may have taken an extra door moulding to make those. The door, front of quarter and rear of fender mouldings are thinner than the rear of quarter and front of fender mouldings.

Use the same design throughout the vehicle, it looks like a teenager may have been involved in the esthetics.

And, honestly, while a cool idea and if I hold my ipad further from my face I really like it.

This could look nice if the combining of the two bumpers is done more neatly. It looks sloppy to me.

Look closer at that right front by the moulding.

Good idea, the execution and details need attending.

Last edited:
Honestly, it looks like a photoshop job. Zoom in on front molding on pass side at the turn signal and it just looks a bit funky there.

Something doesn't seem right with driver fog light either

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure which thing you're talking about. I just can't get past those ugly front fender mouldings he has. They aren't the '85-'86 like the bumper. They don't match the bumper.

upload_2017-3-4_16-49-35.png

Honestly, it looks like a photoshop job. Zoom in on front molding on pass side at the turn signal and it just looks a bit funky there.

Something doesn't seem right with driver fog light either
upload_2017-3-4_16-51-0.png

Looks like the nose is misaligned, to me.

Last edited:
I think it's all your closet belly buttons talking to you.

Deep down,,the collective closet belly button is screaming "Nooooo!!! don't let Nick change the front end to something that isn't the same as the 73 bagillion other four eye foxes out there!!!!"
Tell him that there is something "wrong, or off" about the considered mod.....make sure that he doesn't go down the path of non-conformity..Tell him that the submitted 5 meg pic somehow looks "shopped" when you blow it up.. and that it has to fake because of that. Maybe he's too dumb to know that a low resolution picture will look all fuzzy blown up...
Yeah,.....that's the ticket...a doctored photo! What a brilliant Idea!! The mere thought that somebody could actually change the bumper on one of these cars has to be the product of some other guys imagination, and not reality..
Shame on that guy for even suggesting that our beloved car could be altered...Ohh The humanity!

** insert appropriate emoti to indicate sarchasm :rolleyes:

Shut up Mike.

As well stated, I like that look, just a couple things to make it look right.

You seem to think "non-conformity" is some great and enlightened path. As though liking what someone else likes is inherently wrong/boring.

You and I both like Bookers whiskey, that means we're conforming to some distiller's view of what a good bourbon is, right? Shame on you and your lemming like conformity to the man Mike.

Nick, I like the silver one and the one you're doing. Just make sure the mouldings stay the same.

Reactions: 2 users
Dave, my mouldings arent even coming off, and the moulding across the front bumper IS the bumper. So no worries there. I did find yesterday that my tab/slot method worked, however the weight of the 03 bumper made it pull down on the stock bumper too much, making it wonky. I have a new plan though.

This is where I left off. Its all getting trimmed off right under the moulding line now.

20170304_173036.jpg

Reactions: 1 users