Progress Thread No Clear 92 (Lack of) Progress thread

So can you get the E350 hinge pins in so that the nut is on the bottom on both hinges? Only asking as if the nut ever came off this would at least give the pin a chance to stay put.
I could have done the pin from the top, but decided to go from the bottom simply for ease of installation. The top of these pins are knurled so once tapped in flush they don't move. I tightened the nyloc nuts without even holding onto the pin. Worked great.
 
I'm not sure the year of your car, but if i'm changing fenders, i'm using the newer ones with wider opening.
92, and im with you, if my car was older I would probably spring for the bigger opening as well. I do have a staggered wheel setup so the smaller opening wouldn't cause me any problems but I might end up with a different wheel setup down the road so going with the right fenders is definitely gonna be in my best interest.
 
I would lose my mind trying to recall the fender changes between 79 and 93. LoL

Fortunately, I know where we hide stuff. :ninja:

YearsFender geometry
1979–1982Original wheel opening.
1983–1986Same basic fender geometry despite the nose changes.
1987–1990Same basic geometry carried into the aero cars.
1991–1993Enlarged wheel opening for the factory 16-inch wheel/tire package. The lower front edge of the opening angles farther forward, shortening the section ahead of the tire.
This little snippet is going in my mustang literature folder on my phone. :cheers:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Noobz347