Hello everyone,

I have a 91 hatch (as you can tell by the name lol) there is this odd noise i hear when ever i am driving my car, when ever i am braking or coming to a stop there is a creaking noise that seems to be heard from what sounds like the passenger rear? possible its a strut? please help ive been dealing with this noise for over a year and it is driving me nuts!

• Sponsors (?)

Hello everyone,

I have a 91 hatch (as you can tell by the name lol) there is this odd noise i hear when ever i am driving my car, when ever i am braking or coming to a stop there is a creaking noise that seems to be heard from what sounds like the passenger rear? possible its a strut? please help ive been dealing with this noise for over a year and it is driving me nuts!
Ok, now lets see if we can get some incite into your problem, here is what I would do, take a can of penetrating lube, spray around the upper and lower control arm bolts, one at a time, I suspect you will find that is where the creaking is, keep in mind that these cars are old and things are getting stiff, hard and need to be replaced. That could include rubber gaskets around the hatch, doors, even the plastic trim panels inside can creak and squeak so grab that can of lube and hit them control arm bolts, rub some on those rubber door/hatch gaskets and where the plastic stuff butt together, remember one thing at a time.