Paint and Body Oh boy ,another coupe to fast back conversion !

• Sponsors (?)

@horse sence
1. Is this going to be better than new?
2. What about the title? It was not totaled, yet it is not what it was and had major reconstructive surgery. The VIN should still say coupe, so does the owner or the estate executor just show pictures of the work for documentation to the potential buyer?

@horse sence
1. Is this going to be better than new?
2. What about the title? It was not totaled, yet it is not what it was and had major reconstructive surgery. The VIN should still say coupe, so does the owner or the estate executor just show pictures of the work for documentation to the potential buyer?
It will still be registered as the original coupe ,vin numbers are un touched . It will be a bit tougher than a stocker because the sheet metal is heavier gauge metal ,you can really tell it in the roof . When sold it will have to be disclosed that it started out as a coupe ,as you will be able to tell by atleast the vin. Conversions have become very popular as it is a good way to save a beat body or simlpy have a fast back that is now priced out of most budgets .

Reactions: 1 user
I had it done because I do not plan on ever selling my car. Therefore the status of a “true, vin correct” fastback is irrelevant to me. It is merely for visual pleasures and well... it’s a fastback now. My car is at the body shop and commented on the exceptional welds and fitment of all panels. The manager was unaware it was a coupe until I disclosed it.

Reactions: 1 users
I had it done because I do not plan on ever selling my car. Therefore the status of a “true, vin correct” fastback is irrelevant to me. It is merely for visual pleasures and well... it’s a fastback now. My car is at the body shop and commented on the exceptional welds and fitment of all panels. The manager was unaware it was a coupe until I disclosed it.
That’s why I included the estate executor in my question. I figure the keys will eventually have to be pried from your hands at the mortuary.
@horse sence thanks for also covering the legal issue.

Reactions: 1 user