Progress Thread Pearl To White - Paint Time

Damn…… between this car, and seeing your car @BlakeusMaximus getting done in this bright white a few years ago…… this is the way to go! So clean, so nice looking!
My ‘95 Trans Am was bright white and loved it in that color too! (But it wasn’t a Ford, so I sold it and moved on!) Everybody makes mistakes ! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks @Rdub6, funny thing is I almost went with red at the time. My interior is sand beige so it would have worked. But, I really didn’t feel like getting into jambs and the engine bay and I’m glad I stuck with the white though.

I have a white F150, white Tacoma, white Honda Pilot and white Stang. I didn’t plan that either.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I stopped by the body shop Saturday to drop off some hardware I had at home and got a good chance to speak with the body man since he was the only one there. He's real good friends with my uncle and I'm pretty comfortable talking with him. He did tell me that he's already got paid for my car but he wants to take his time with it and make sure it comes out as best as it can.

He told me that the shop manager screwed himself and the owner with the price they gave me to do all that work on my car. He said the price should have started at $8K and probably end up around $10K or more when complete due to all the work. Said since they gave me that price they have to honor it and since he's got paid already, they're the ones who come up short.

I told him I know it's a great price and that's why I have not been in any hurry. I appreciate the deal I got and have no problem waiting. Just told him I want it done correctly and he agreed. He told me when he's done it will look as best that it possibly can and won't take any short cuts with it.

There is a issue with my side skirt not sitting flush against the front fender. The fenders on my car didn’t have the brackets or holes so I purchased the whole bracket kit from LMR. The body man installed them but can’t get them to sit flush. Any ideas what might be going on?

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

@Fri Guy, did he rivet on the brace that goes in towards the back of the fender? Kinda hard to tell in the pic if it’s there on yours. The rocker molding sandwiches in there.

I didn’t remove my brackets when I did my car.

If those have been off the car for a year or so, maybe they lost there memory and need a little heat.

Attachments

• 31E5F208-500F-43B1-9A60-9046476E86ED.jpeg
    31E5F208-500F-43B1-9A60-9046476E86ED.jpeg
    963 KB · Views: 43
@Fri Guy, did he rivet on the brace that goes in towards the back of the fender? Kinda hard to tell in the pic if it’s there on yours. The rocker molding sandwiches in there.

I didn’t remove my brackets when I did my car.

If those have been off the car for a year or so, maybe they lost there memory and need a little heat.
He did rivet the bracket onto the car. Since it didn't have holes he had to measure the proper location, drill the holes and rivet them on. They have been off for almost a year and prior they weren't even installed correctly. That bracket was never in place. I'm going to swing by the shop today and ask about putting a little heat on them. Might even check the pinch welds to make sure they are not throwing them off somehow.

I’m sure others will chime in with ideas as well. My rocker moldings are pretty damn snug in that area. Might just have to mess around with it a little bit.

Just me or is the door not lined up with the rear quarter in the up/down? Body lines on the sheet metal at the molding area don't seem to line up.
The door and fender are both out of whack, pinch weld is probably hammered to :poo: pushing the fender up and out.. See that so often on these cars from people using them as jacking points since there so used to newer cars.

New front glass is in and reinstalled the rear glass. They plan on doing all the black paint work this weekend and next week will start to put the whole car back together. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks or so I should get the car back.

r0sAb8A.jpg

iqx71xP.jpg
You can see it here the driver fender is up and out... Need to work the pinch weld mounting point to pull it back in and down.

Most tire shops/ average mechanic shops will do that to a fox body and not bat an eye... Bfh and a block off wood can suck it back in most of the time unless the pinch is totally crushed. Tape the doors though if they fitted it like that, probably going to need some more adjustment to clear the fender when opening them once its straight.

• Agree
Thanks fellas for the responses. I stopped by to check the pinch welds and there was some damage on them but didn’t look bad to where it’s pushing the fender up and out. The doors are not completely aligned yet. They still have to install weatherstripping and the rest of the door moldings/trim.

I don’t think the car will completely line up that great due to being in a fender bender before. Just trying to get it as best as it can get. I might swing by there this weekend and see if they will let me try tweaking it. Just don’t want them getting a little upset that I’m going and trying to fix things.

Starting to get a little impatient, the car is about 90% done. They just need a few things to get it all back together and haven't really touched it much. Few weeks back they needed some clips (they lost) for the headlights and made it seem like that is all they're waiting for so I ordered them with rush shipping and still haven't got them on. I'm going to start stopping by once every week to just check in till they get it done.