Progress Thread Pearl To White - Paint Time

• Sponsors (?)

Do you still owe money?
Stay on top of them without too much pressure, this could be the time that things go sideways.
I've only paid half, balance is due when complete. In my opinion the owner/painter messed up by paying the body man his portion of the job when it wasn't even complete. Since he's been paid a long time ago he's in no hurry to put it back together and his focus is on the insurance jobs. I did tell him a good while back that I was in no hurry and would rather him take his time and do it right rather than rush through it just to get it out. I just thought that it would have been done by now. No telling what will need to be serviced when I finally get to drive it back home after being there for over a year not being driven on the road.

Is the paint work complete and it just needs put back together? If so I'd make him a deal and get it home and finish it yourself.
I thought about that but would rather have them finish it that way if they are any issues they can't say it's my fault. Plus, I really don't have any extra time on my hands to finish it myself.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I thought about that but would rather have them finish it that way if they are any issues they can't say it's my fault. Plus, I really don't have any extra time on my hands to finish it myself.
I agree with this. You start push'n this guy to finish it, mistakes will be made, short cuts will be taken and issues covered up. Just stop by once in a while, shoot the :poo: and look over the car every time you stop in.
Oh, and check out the cars that are finished, even insurance jobs can tell a tail.

I agree with this. You start push'n this guy to finish it, mistakes will be made, short cuts will be taken and issues covered up. Just stop by once in a while, shoot the :poo: and look over the car every time you stop in.
Oh, and check out the cars that are finished, even insurance jobs can tell a tail.
This is my plan. I've seen plenty of their completed jobs and they go great work. Just a poorly ran operation.

Reactions: 1 user
I've stopped by last week and the week before just to shoot the shiiit. They know I'm interested in checking up on the car without me having to say anything. I'll swing by again this week and every week till I get it back. I really hope I get it back before the end of the year. If not, I will take it home as is and complete it myself.

Would it be a dumb idea to offer the bodyman some extra cash to get my car finished up quickly or just continue popping my head in every week and see how things are going? Every time I stop by he keeps telling me he's going to get on it next but hasn't happened. I don't even ask about the car, just swing by to say hi.

Is the body man even in control of what he does? Who is running the shop…….that’s who I’d be talking to!
It's a piss poor ran shop from what I have seen since my car has been there. They do great quality work but just poorly ran. The owner should have never paid the body man 100% his portion for my car when it wasn't 100% complete. Now he has no motivation to get it out quickly. He takes the insurance jobs first because they pay him.

In my opinion, the owner won't make him complete my car because he's afraid of losing him if he gets mad and walks out. I told the owner on Monday that he's in no hurry because you paid him already for the car. He just looked at me and was like yeah. You can tell he is very frustrated as well since the car was painted a long time ago. He even told me that the car should had been out a long time ago. But he's the owner and the one that should handle the situation. I still owe them half the balance.

A while ago you said the car was 90% done. (I read back through the old posts). I’d really be looking at working out a deal, and taking the car back to finish myself at this point.
Even if it takes you a while, some progress is better than no progress!
Hell, if you were near me, I’d offer a helping hand to get it done. They’re just holding it hostage at this point!

I plan on swinging by there later today. Last I saw it, it was about 90% done. Front bumper needed to be bolted down, headlights installed, door handles and other door parts installed, a spot that needs paint touch up, and a good final buff job. Pretty sure I'm missing a few little things. I will not take it home till it is complete. Only due to if there are any issues I don't want to be the blame of it.

Reactions: 1 users
Just left the body shop and I’m pretty pissed off. They can’t find my door panels to the car. These panels are original to the car and were super clean black ones. They are willing to cover the cost of new panels but I don’t want aftermarket ones that fit and look like crap. Any of you fellas know where I could source some OEM ones?

Damn. I’d be losing my $#!t if I were you!! That’s ridiculous! Shop can’t be that big where they are losing parts like door panels!!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Shop isn’t big. The according to the body man and office guy the owner took them home to store them but he doesn’t remember that and said they are not at his house. I still owe them $2500. When I explained to him that those were the original door panels and in excellent condition and how you can’t buy OEM ones anymore his face was like holy :poo:. Told him for me to find OEM ones in the same condition will be hard and expensive. Plus will need the armrest, pad, etc. He was going to look again but told me to start looking for some replacements and he would cover all the cost of deduct it from what I owe him.