Progress Thread Pearl To White - Paint Time

• Sponsors (?)

I bought some SEM Trim Black paint so they could paint the black trim that was on the car. I also bought new trim pieces and quarter glass all from LMR. Would you guys recommend paying extra to paint the new trim so it all matches? Not sure how well the new trim pieces and quarter glass trim match the SEM paint.

I would get the correct paint color to match the trim on the quarter windows. Painting that trim only leads to it coming off down the road. That trim is vulcanized to the glass so it is not metal or even like the bumper covers materials wise. Some will say with the right prep and blah blah blah it will work like a champ. Why pay for all of that when you can just get a trim paint to match the quarter window color?

I would get the correct paint color to match the trim on the quarter windows. Painting that trim only leads to it coming off down the road. That trim is vulcanized to the glass so it is not metal or even like the bumper covers materials wise. Some will say with the right prep and blah blah blah it will work like a champ. Why pay for all of that when you can just get a trim paint to match the quarter window color?
Great idea but already paid for SEM paint. I'll talk with them about it and see what they say.

New front glass is in and reinstalled the rear glass. They plan on doing all the black paint work this weekend and next week will start to put the whole car back together. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks or so I should get the car back.

r0sAb8A.jpg

iqx71xP.jpg

• Loved It!
Reactions: 4 users
Need some advice. on the black from factory is painted in the door jamb area next to the quarter windows. It usually just that small section and I'm debating on extending it down to the front pillar where the door is painted black. Reasoning is if there is any gaps between the top of the door and body you won't see any white, it will be all black. Since the car has been in a prior accident, I know everything is not going to line up like factory. What do you guys think?

I can't picture what you're describing but I'll disagree with things not lining up, most times it takes drastic measures but it can be done, the balance is tasteful misalignment and show car perfect.
I prefer 'daily driver style' patina.

Note: After reading your description 5 more times I have to agree, paint the area you describe black, painting certain areas black or in some cases a dark gray makes areas disappear but you notice something pleasantly different but most times you can't figure out why, like painting the tag area between the taillights black or dark gray.

Last edited:
I see what your talking about. I didn’t paint those areas black. I did what the factory did, but I see your point. The white door jamb does come through on my car.

Maybe I should do that. :shrug:

Probably won’t though

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I see what your talking about. I didn’t paint those areas black. I did what the factory did, but I see your point. The white door jamb does come through on my car.

Maybe I should do that. :shrug:

Probably won’t though
Yeah I want to keep it as factory as I can but I know that area will bother me once it's all put back together and I see white. What black did you use on your trim?

I'm debating if I want to put the Ford emblem back onto the rear of the hatch. I've always debadged my vehicles but not sure about doing that on the Fox. What do you fellas think? In this pic the bumper is not completely installed, just loosely bolted on.

KrsCI6X.jpg