Progress Thread Pearl To White - Paint Time

• Sponsors (?)

3179323E-C875-446E-A5FD-B494D8A5A037.png
368258F0-4AFD-457F-922A-9BDD2DA368D2.png

Thanks fellas for the responses. Need to find a good pic of the exact location of it to make sure it's placed in the correct spot.

Reactions: 1 user
LMR has printable templates for the 5.0 badges. I used them, and it worked out great. I wonder if they have the same for the rest of the emblems?
I haven't had the 5.0 badges on my car for years and don't plan on putting them on. I don't know why but I hate the look of them. I don't mind the Ford badge in the front and rear though.

Next month will be about a year that my car has been at the paint and body shop. What kind of issues should I expect with the car not getting driven for that long? They told me that they do start the car from time to time and let it run for a bit. I'm hoping to get it back soon but last time I stopped by they hadn't done much to it. Everything was painted already just needed to put it all back together.

Fuel will be a little crappy so dump some octane booster in the tank. Take it out and driver it around like a sane person and let it warm up and see if anything comes up. After that change the oil and beat the snot out of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Any way you can reassemble it yourself?
Pretty sure I could and it's something I'm actually thinking about. The hold up is the body man, he's very good and knows his stuff but just not dependable to be at work everyday and he's the one who disassembled it and the owner is just waiting on him from what I think. Main reason why I don't want to touch it is because if something if wrong or off then I don't want to be the blame for it.

Pretty sure I could and it's something I'm actually thinking about. The hold up is the body man, he's very good and knows his stuff but just not dependable to be at work everyday and he's the one who disassembled it and the owner is just waiting on him from what I think. Main reason why I don't want to touch it is because if something if wrong or off then I don't want to be the blame for it.
Yeah,some body men can be peculiar, I would discuss this delay with them but depending on personality and attitude be prepared to take the car and finish it yourself without the ability to have any issues fixed by the shop, like you said they likely will not honor the agreement, hopefully there is some wiggle room if you have not paid the entire bill, be reasonable but don't be bullied either.

I run a body shop, and if we had a car sitting at my shop for a year, it’s completely painted, I would not mind one bit if the owner chose to have it towed out to reassemble it himself. With as many parts they have to store for that GT, I’m sure they are tired of looking at those and the car.

I find it a little odd that if all the paint work is done on it, why wouldnt they just button it up already and be done with it? I’m sure they have insurance work that is their priority though. Pretty easy car to put back together, a experienced body man could put that car together in a day.

Did you pay them up front?

Stopped by yesterday and spoke with the body man. He had been out of work due to being sick and that set him back. They also have a lot of insurance jobs that came in the last 2 weeks that they are focusing on. He got the rear of the car bolted up and plans on working on it during the week.

This is a small 3 man crew. One of them is the office guy who deals with customers and insurances. One is the painter and the other is the body man. The issue that I see if they are not ran like professionals. Meaning they are not all their M-F, 8:00-5:00 or whatever their business hours are. They do turn out great work though. They are giving me a great deal so at the end of the day I don’t mind waiting.

I have only paid them $2500 so far with a balance of $2500. I do plan on giving them a tip though.

BB68F5FF-7904-48BF-88F4-39BBE299FF28.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Gotcha. I have 20 employees here, we do about $550-$600k a month. I understand how the smaller shops work though. Been there too.

Looks good!