Pennsylvania Thread

• Sponsors (?)

BlackArtemis said:
WestChester and I hate Bam
I went to School at Messiah College. I see some of you harrisburg,mechanicsburg carlisle people. and Yeah Perry county, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous...

Funny...I live in Mechanicsburg, but grew up between Kennett Square and Unionville. I was just at WC a couple of weeks ago, checking out the college campus (for my son).

tealtiger93 said:
There's also a 1950s McDonald's right at 5 Points.

I was through there not too long ago, and that McDonalds looks cool, but it definitely doesn't fit.

I sometimes hit the Tally Ho after checking out Eagles training camp. :)

BTW, my late BIL was a Hiller, and I still have a few friends in the area.

Tomorrow I will be taking the stang into Allentown for a benefit at Callaghan's Ale House. And I'll be praying for no snow.

tealtiger93 said:
Ha! There was just a shooting or stabbing by Pete's Hot Dogs a few weeks ago. Over the summer into early fall a bunch of stores were held up too. Kind of scary. I work in the 1000 block of Broadway, which isn't very far from the Southside. I don't know when the last time you were there was but there is a Wendy's where Lehigh Pizza used to be, Lehigh Pizza is catty corner from the Mobil at New St. & 3rd St. There's also a 1950s McDonald's right at 5 Points.
I got crabs at the ho :D

tealtiger93 said:
Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. I was born and raised in the Hill, we moved to Allentown last October.

Thanks. It was a few years ago, and it made a small stir in the local news. He was a good guy, and if nothing else, it brought the whole family a little closer together.