Pro Charger P1sc Vs Vortech V7 Ysi

Old Skooler

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2012
I was at the speed shop yesterday and we were reviewing the install of the new procharger when one of their customers came in selling a brand new V7 YSI. He bought it in November from the shop and now his wife is pregnant and their landlord is selling the house. Long story short I bought the entire kit in the box never touched for 2k. I initially bought it because I thought I could make a little extra money selling it on CL or eBay, but this unit long term is better then the procharger and I'm thinking about keeping it and selling the procharger. What's everyone's opinion.

That said anyone looking for a air to air procharger in the box I'll sell at a discounted rate, I just had it delivered on 1/10/15 PM me.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have an aftermarket block? If not, running the YSi will be an issue. You're not going to be able to run it in its efficiency range without worrying about the block.

As of now it's a sportsman 347 w/ afr 205's and I will 100% be in block splitting territory. Naturally aspirated the car is putting down 406 rwhp. My machine shop has my new dart block which will be a 363, over the next few months I'll pay for that and pick up a set of 225's. This set up at most will be just for the summer.

Hopefully I don't split the block and this motor will go in my wife's vert next winter.

Reactions: 1 users
Basically the pro charger is just right for this set up but to small when I transition to the dart, the YSI is to big now and will not be running at full potential until I install the Dart.

Do you mean the old ford motorsports sportsman block? Which I believe are still a 2 bolt main. They claim they have a slightly higher strength threshold.

Dart has a sportsman block im sure you know which is why your ref is throwing eveyrone off . Is the ysi a standard bracket pass side mount ? IF so shoot me a price i may consider it depending on price

I forgot Dart has a sportsman block, it's the old 2 bolt ford block I doubt it has much more strength then the stock block.

@toolow let me figure out what I'm doing and I'll send you a PM.

Reactions: 1 user
What's the V7 YSI support hp wise, 1300hp ish?
Cast wheel Ysi is easily capable of 1,000rwhp. With out the trickest of the trick parts you'll be hard pressed to push it much farther without upgrading to a billet wheel. FWIW I'm expecting to make in the 1400 rwhp range with a billet wheel ysi in the next month or so (I will be using a V27 heavy duty head unit though).

Vortech FTW though... If the real questions is P1SC vs V7YSi the Vortech easily wins that match up.