Progress Thread Project: Buried Under A Mountain Of Snow Black Hole Money Pit.

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
so the 392 currently has no plans of where its going to end up. im open to suggestions? it was originally being built to go into a box ranger backed by a glide with a set of highports. might still stuff it in a ranger... maybe in the gen 1... maybe in a boat.... maybe in the mustang...

suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
haha i might just put it on a stand in the shop, bag it and sell it back to my buddy when hes back on his feet

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
It says in your signature you have a '95 Lightning...sounds like a potential match to me. Is there a reason the two wouldn't make good couple?
its an option, its just 100% stock currently. if i do go that route it would be a very long project since its going to start needing some rust repair soon

its an option, its just 100% stock currently. if i do go that route it would be a very long project since its going to start needing some rust repair soon
I totally get that.

My '95 GT is virtually stock — with the exception of minor things like air filter, plug wires, and the most extensive mod: adjustable strut mounts because the factory mounts wouldn't adjust the alignment back to stock specs any longer. I have options with it, but I also love the car as is, so it's not a slam dunk decision to make any changes even if it would improve some things like more bottom end in the power band — which it could definitely use.

Still, a 392 is a neat engine to put somewhere. I can see why you're tempted to find something to stuff it in.

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
Illinois
I think it would be a nice street motor for the lightning. Or like you said just bag it on the stand for a later project.

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
I think it would be a nice street motor for the lightning. Or like you said just bag it on the stand for a later project.
at 14:1 with a 56cc chamber its going to take some big chamber heads to make it street friendly LOL

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
Illinois
at 14:1 with a 56cc chamber its going to take some big chamber heads to make it street friendly LOL
Guess I should have read the previous post. Throw some old cast iron heads on there. They should work fine lol. You should just give it to me. I’ll even come pick it up for you. :)