Progress Thread Project: Buried Under A Mountain Of Snow Black Hole Money Pit.

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
10 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
so the 392 currently has no plans of where its going to end up. im open to suggestions? it was originally being built to go into a box ranger backed by a glide with a set of highports. might still stuff it in a ranger... maybe in the gen 1... maybe in a boat.... maybe in the mustang...

suggestions?

• Sponsors(?)

srtthis

10 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
It says in your signature you have a '95 Lightning...sounds like a potential match to me. Is there a reason the two wouldn't make good couple?
its an option, its just 100% stock currently. if i do go that route it would be a very long project since its going to start needing some rust repair soon

hrspwrjunkie

Dec 15, 2004
www.classicsandperformance.com
its an option, its just 100% stock currently. if i do go that route it would be a very long project since its going to start needing some rust repair soon
I totally get that.

My '95 GT is virtually stock — with the exception of minor things like air filter, plug wires, and the most extensive mod: adjustable strut mounts because the factory mounts wouldn't adjust the alignment back to stock specs any longer. I have options with it, but I also love the car as is, so it's not a slam dunk decision to make any changes even if it would improve some things like more bottom end in the power band — which it could definitely use.

Still, a 392 is a neat engine to put somewhere. I can see why you're tempted to find something to stuff it in.

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
Illinois
I think it would be a nice street motor for the lightning. Or like you said just bag it on the stand for a later project.

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
Illinois
at 14:1 with a 56cc chamber its going to take some big chamber heads to make it street friendly LOL
Guess I should have read the previous post. Throw some old cast iron heads on there. They should work fine lol. You should just give it to me. I’ll even come pick it up for you. :)

srtthis

10 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
fuel log and regulators will be here today... wing should be here next week...

another set of solid motor mounts showed up yesterday... might buy a 3rd block to work with to get motor and mid plate tabs welded in.

srtthis

10 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
think my last big ticket item is the converter...

anyone have any astro glide? analez? KY? LOL

stock block with a bolt together converter LOL somethings wrong with me

srtthis

10 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
hit a small snag yesterday.... nothing major though

off the top of my intake i have...
2" HVP super sucker carb spacer
1" thick nitrous pro flow plate
carb base is 1"
solenoid bracket is 1/8"
throttle cable bracket is 3/16"

so im 4 5/16" total stack height (plus 4 carb gaskets)

so i need at least 4 1/2"-4 9/16" out of the intake and 7/16" into the intake
longest stud i can find are 4.7"

so do i hold off on the spacer or mill it down to 1"???

srtthis

10 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
after talking to a company about converting my carb over to E85... i now have a carb for sale LOL

anyone need an older 1150 holley 4500? was just rebuilt and gone over comes with 2" HVP supersucker spacer