Quietest mufflers?

I understand its private property but he is a state trooper (according to what his car says i guess), he can just wait for me outside the gates if he wanted to and give me a ticket or something
I think im gonna try tailpipes and see how much it helps
I just moved here and dont want to start trouble

• Sponsors (?)

I understand its private property but he is a state trooper (according to what his car says i guess), he can just wait for me outside the gates if he wanted to and give me a ticket or something
I think im gonna try tailpipes and see how much it helps
I just moved here and dont want to start trouble

Have you tried to reason with him that you will be as quiet as you can, then if there are any complaints after 4 weeks you will do something about it?

dynomax super turbos are super quite. Almost like stock except a little deeper. However with that prochamber its gonna be loud no matter what.

Ding. Winner. I did ALOTT of research on this very topic. This is the MOST quiet but still sounds good to me.

The only way I would perhaps agree with him would be if you gun it everywhere, revv it after 9pm or drive LOUD gunning it thru there. Are you?

Otherwise :bs: He needs to get a life. Unless you are gunning it everywhere, who in the h@ll is going to know? The guy is on a power trip and I would fight him to the supreme court:notnice: - I don't care who he is.

I agree 100 percent with wytstang. Tell him it was like that when you bought it and you dont have the 300 dollars or so it costs to remedy the situation. Probably even more if by letter of the law youd have to go back to stock parts. Hell I dont even think Ford has SN95 exhaust parts in stock anymore. And like was said, if he gives you a ticket, take it to court. The cop would then have to prove your car is louder than stock and good luck with trying to find a mustang with stock exhaust... And then if all else fails and you get ordered to change them, you should have no problem getting a several month extension for time to save the money.

The key word to avoid is modified,if anyone asks its stock replacement.if you say the word modified they can legally give you a ticket.when i get pulled over the say"why is your car so loud?" i tell them its a 5 liter there loud cars.this one happens to have a cam that is 50 state legal in it.they go "o okay" then im on my way.this "state trooper". say nothing to him. when he says something to you just yup em.i dont think a statey would be a rent a cop at an apartment complex.lol
who knows mabey if you ask your local police about him,he could get busted for impersonating a law enforcement official.

Dumps are loud and obnoxious IMO, I ran them for a while and I (and everyone else around me) hated it. I put tail pipes on and there was a night and day difference in the sound. If you put tail pipes on it I bet he'd leave you alone. I got flowmaster 2.5" tail pipes from summit for somewhere around $165 a few months ago.

yeah he will prolly leave me alone if i get a new exhaust, but he was definately powertrippin, have no doubt about that. Theres 2 ways you can approach people, you can be nice about it, or you can be a dick.
I think he was just showing off in front of his friends and a few chicks they were hitting on. He was a young guy just being a dick.
Im looking into getting a mac catback with tailpipes, gonna put stanger007s on my car and see how loud it is

Has the trooper said something to you several times or just once or twice? Maybe he is just showing off to his friends. I'd be a little careful about ticking him off too much, cause chances are he very well will try to make life difficult for you. Unfortunately, some people are not real bright. It's not right, but if he behaves like that often, he'll pay for it eventually.

I'd suggest tailpipes in an apartment environment, cause that is a lot of people in a small area that could hate your car quickly. Don't go to any big expense, just find some tailpipes online or locally. On a side note, I'm glad none of my neighbors have your exhaust setup. :) My exhaust is loud, but not bad at idle or real low rpms (but I like peace and quiet probably more than my neighbors, so I take it easy in my area).

Dumps are loud and obnoxious IMO, I put tail pipes on and there was a night and day difference in the sound. If you put tail pipes on it I bet he'd leave you alone. I got flowmaster 2.5" tail pipes from summit for somewhere around $165 a few months ago.

Agreed. Make sure you have an H pipe or X pipe and run tailpipes all the way to the back and problem solved. If he still has a problem,it's his problem & tell him to have at it!

Tail pipes will quiet it down so much...+ imo dumps have a lil too much "mulitude" on a street car...leave the dumps on street cars to the guy that looks like joe dirt drvin the 77 nova with snorkel scooop

Damn I thought I was the only way that got busted for illegal exhaust.. My 93 Lx had bbk long tubes with O/R H pipe and 3" mac cat back exhaust with tips and I got pulled over the night I sold it for inadiquate(sp) exhaust/noise pollution... Luckily the cop ( a woman) gave me a warning and told me to get it taken care of and told me if she seen me again and it wasnt fixed I would get a ticket and have to pay a fine.. Well about 3 months after I sold the car- the guy that bought it from me got pulled over and popped by the same chick and gave him a ticket. I think its a bs law and i bet 80% of the ricers are illegal as well but the cops kinda have a thing for mustangs around here.
I'd just try tails at first and if that doesn't work go with a different muffler set-up..

Dumps are loud and obnoxious IMO, I ran them for a while and I (and everyone else around me) hated it. I put tail pipes on and there was a night and day difference in the sound. If you put tail pipes on it I bet he'd leave you alone. I got flowmaster 2.5" tail pipes from summit for somewhere around $165 a few months ago.

I agree with this 100%. I'll also add that it makes keeping your car clean virtually impossible.