Rear disks/calipers, few questions...

I figured I'd post here, since the boneheads int he 5oh section only know drums :D haha. But seriously, I figured you guys would have more experience and be able to reffer to a car haing 94/95s:

1) Are the rear calipers side specific? How do you know which way does it go?
2) How many copper washers, for the banjo bolts, go on each side? Where do the go? (Between the banjo bolt and soft line, between the soft line and caliper?
3) Are the mounting bolts (caliper bracket to axle bracket) the same as in the fronts? What size, thread, length are they? Would I be able to simply run grade 8 bolts and washers (I don't see why not?)?

BONUS:
For those of you with with dual piston PBRs up front (99-04), are they side specific? how do you know which side is which?

• Sponsors (?)

1. The rear calipers are side specific...they have an integrated parking brake (in the caliper not a seperate drum in the rotor). There is a lever for the parking brake at the bottom of the caliper (theres a hook portion where the cable attaches) the hook portion should face the diff. (pointed inwards towards the center line of the car).

2. I would put copper washers on both sides of the square fitting. So one between the caliper and hose end and one between the hose end and the top of the banjo bolt. Also, dont reuse the copper washers. Once there crushed there supposedly no good. Some people reuse them but I wouldent.

3. I dont remember but i doubt there the same. I would get a proper bolt kit from like 50resto or something those bolts are usually of a higher grade than grade 8, remember if the bolts fail, your brakes fail and your pretty screwed so dont cheap out on it.

Bonus: yes the fronts are side specific also. Just thought of something: you'll know your mounting ALL the calipers correctly if the bleeder screws are at the highest point on the calipers. There setup that way because air bubbles rise to the highest point in the caliper due to gravity so its logically the best place to put the bleeder screw. In short if the bleeders face up to the sky your mounting the calipers correctly.

Hope this helps:nice: