Rear side marker removal

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
Westland, MI
How do I get these stupid rear side markers out? I figured they were a clip-in deal that I could pop out with a butter knife, but when I pried on one a little, it made an interesting noise and didn't really move. I reached up behind the bumper cover to feel the back, but didn't find much.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you putting clear ones in? If so please post pics. Its something I've thought about doing. I just did something similar to my Mercedes and it looked a lot better afterward and was wicked cheap and easy to do.

I know for many cars the side markers have a clip that compresses when you push in one direction, then they pop out. The stang one doesnt seem to have much room to move like that though.

Since I have tinted brakelights and 3rd light I was going to do my side markers, but I think you have to pull off the entire rear bmper just to get to them. I tried to search up there sometimes, but man, its to much junk there. I think you have to yank off the entire bumper, :rolleyes:

Since I have tinted brakelights and 3rd light I was going to do my side markers, but I think you have to pull off the entire rear bmper just to get to them. I tried to search up there sometimes, but man, its to much junk there. I think you have to yank off the entire bumper, :rolleyes:

That is exactly why I want to pull mine off. I was going to do those as well as my fogs today, but I don't have enough tools here at the apartment to pull off both bumpers, and don't want to go to the garage. Damn.