Rolled/pulled/cutfront Fenders?

So, I have maxed out camber and the tire still interferes with the fender well inner lip.
Upgrading to the SN95 spindle HAS dropped the front ride height noticeably. After all, my Eibach Pro springs have been installed for a year now and no issues until the spindle conversion.
I'm going to see if the INCH LONGER SN95 struts will offer me the inch or so that Ive lost? worth a shot...I have NAPA at my beckoned call here at the shop. Also gonna remove the bumpstop.

• Sponsors (?)

Ford racing tech line said that unless :
The spindle I installed was NOT 1995 and or/ball joints/control arms DID NOT get replaced(which they did not), then ride height between my fox spindles and these should be less than .150000"

They also said what many here have said "that's unusual...havent heard of this issue before..."

I haven't seen/heard of a sn swap causing that much drop, and I would think if the balljoints where worn enough for that much low,you would have noticed during the install - so I'm not really sure unless they are 96+ parts (wouldn't think that would be the issue though.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I haven't about a drastic drop in ride height due to 94/95 spindles nor the 96+ spindles. The 96+ spindles will increase your track width almost a 1/2" each side. See picture below to help identify which spindle you got. Look at the arms where the steering tie rods connect.

upload_2017-2-8_14-59-47.jpeg

So, I have maxed out camber and the tire still interferes with the fender well inner lip.
Upgrading to the SN95 spindle HAS dropped the front ride height noticeably. After all, my Eibach Pro springs have been installed for a year now and no issues until the spindle conversion.
I'm going to see if the INCH LONGER SN95 struts will offer me the inch or so that Ive lost? worth a shot...I have NAPA at my beckoned call here at the shop. Also gonna remove the bumpstop.
With your stock style suspension setup the coil springs give you your ride height, not the struts.

I haven't about a drastic drop in ride height due to 94/95 spindles nor the 96+ spindles. The 96+ spindles will increase your track width almost a 1/2" each side. See picture below to help identify which spindle you got. Look at the arms where the steering tie rods connect.

upload_2017-2-8_14-59-47.jpeg
Y ah. Made the mistake of buying 97s before I bought these 95s cause I didn't want to have to shim/spacer the ball joint.
So I'm pretty sure I got the right ones installed. I was able to use the 94 ball joint without issue in my fox control arm

Spring clocked correctly? Pigtail between the two drain holes?
I would think that if the pigtail wasn't in that correct slot where the drain holes are that would actually increase your ride height. I wonder if there's an issue with the control arm ball joint but for it to be on both sides equally would be even more odd.

If the only thing replaced was the spindle, it really shouldn't change ride height at all. Perhaps initially the spring was clocked incorrrctky increasing the hieght, and now it's set where it should be?

I've always thought eibacjs sat low, so if the question wasn't posed, I'd just think that's where it should be. My ford Racing C springs sat pretty close to that height and I thought it was too low as well.

PS, I like the wheels.

If the only thing replaced was the spindle, it really shouldn't change ride height at all. Perhaps initially the spring was clocked incorrrctky increasing the hieght, and now it's set where it should be?

I've always thought eibacjs sat low, so if the question wasn't posed, I'd just think that's where it should be. My ford Racing C springs sat pretty close to that height and I thought it was too low as well.

PS, I like the wheels.

Thanks! I like the Anthracite/Machined sliver with the black car..... Been really busy here today, So I havent yet had a chance to compare notes...I have a feeling that I was sold a NON 1995 spindle as I specifically requested and as I was told....
I hope that isnt the case...
I'll update the thread when I have a chance to

Put some negative camber in it, problem solved. And it needs it. By the looks of it you're running close to zero camber which might work well on a corvette or anything with an SLA front end, but these things need at least 1 degree neg camber to keep from wearing out the outside edges of the tires. 1.25 is better.

Stock coil went back in to LF corner and it looks ridiculous. Since I cant afford K member and coil overs at this point (wasnt budgeted in for this build) Going to pull and roll the front fenders with about 1.5 degrees of negative camber to see what happens. Its' the most cost effective route at this point