Progress Thread She’s a runner

I think you are good to go since you've already primed before.

Usually what I do with modern, stock cars is put my foot to the floor and crank the engine. The injectors won't fire, so it helps build some oil pressure before I fire it up.

I forget if aftermarket ECU's do the same thing, but regardless I think you are good to go. Enjoy that first start
they do, you can set the TPS value that the flood clear triggers in the cranking/startup settings

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

@a91what can you look this over. I only changed engine size and injector size. Not sure what else i should do. Timing tables good higher comp. on this engine. fuel etc. any changes with coil set up?
Thanks! I'm sure we'll need a couple sessions

Attachments

• 2021-03-25_21.msq
    119.9 KB · Views: 39
Just a quick update for those interested. I had a couple issues to work through on the first tuning session with steve, Two things, the new IAC was inoperable so we worked with it blocked off and used the idle screw and got it to idle but then it kept throwing belts. new motorcraft IAC was ordered and after measuring some stuff i found my alternator to be about 3/16" forward of the blower pulley. I trimmed the spacer and got it aligned and with the iac still blocked off it sits and idles fine and doesn't throw the belt off. Hopfully this week we'll get in another session to get the IAC set up and all the other magic Steve does so i can get this on the road and get my VE tables dialed in. oh actually a third issue, my dead times were off as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Put some miles on this weekend to work on the fuel table. Drove out to my brothers and we went for a ride, first thing he said is man its a lot quieter in the car now. I guess the cats have really helped with the interior noise which is a nice side effect. He also said it feels like its got a lot more power so that's also good haha

Reactions: 1 user