Fox Steering Wheel Thread

Local stores are out too....no ETA.

Mine is a rebuilt 22-2000, leaking out of RH seal/boot. Has maybe 1000 miles of easy driving on it. They can't replace it with a 22-2000 if they don't have a 22-2000 to replace it with so I'm stuck with a "lifetime warranty" rack that has basically no warranty. They can, however, replace it with a GT/V6 rack which I might do. Having had both, there isn't a big enough difference to justify going out of the way for a Cobra specific rack.

If you really want to keep a 03/04 Cobra rack....send it here. If my Cardone 22-2000 ever :poo:s the bed..i'm sending it here. Probably get a much better rebuild as well.

However, if you are willing to compromise a bit, find yourself a 02-04 GT rack. They are pretty close to the cobra rack, and a lot cheaper and readily available. WHat's the difference? You will never be able to tell on a street car.

• Sponsors (?)

My remanufactured Cardone SPR-ZM rack arrived today. Here's hoping it's actually a SPR-ZM rack inside. Big thanks to Mustang5L5 for helping me through the various part model number process.
20191204_182309.jpg

Attachments

• 20191204_181849.jpg
    20191204_181849.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 80
Thanks. Ya, I'm looking forward to excellent steering matching my excellent brakes.

This project is similiar to the '03 Terminator brake upgrade. Meaning lots of miscellaneous parts. Thankfully this trail has been blazed by many beforehand. I'll do a write up on my progress thread when I finish the upgrade.

Last edited:
Hi Mustang5L5- trying to PM you but can't because I just joined, presumably- Is that the Recaro LS you have in your mustang? Looks great! I've been looking at those for my notchback. Have you been happy with them? Good on the street? Would they be palatable for a track day?

Hi there.

yes, those are Recaro LS-B seats. I’ve been very satisfied with them. Good seating position in the fox, and hold you very well. They are a good mix of street and track seat as I could ride around in them all day, but they definitely hug you and hold you fast. The bolstering is aggressive, so if you keep your wallet in your back pocket you’ll have a hard time digging it out.

Looked to easy to not try to make own.Started with a cardboard template then transferred to 18 gauge steel,hour or so later had a working cruise button mount.Hardest part was coming up with a way to mount the switches but wasn't too bad.
momowheel001_zpsfe8d3163.JPG

Looked to easy to not try to make own.Started with a cardboard template then transferred to 18 gauge steel,hour or so later had a working cruise button mount.Hardest part was coming up with a way to mount the switches but wasn't too bad.
momowheel001_zpsfe8d3163.JPG
my
I'm about install this same setup in my '84. Any tips or suggestions on the wiring of the 87-89 cruise buttons?