Still gonna drive it off a cliff :(

Ok so I just recently got around to doin the whole steering rack bushing thing. Got the ones from maximum motorsports, It seems like some chatter is gone but I still got somethin flippin and floppin around its hard to distinguish if its drivetrain slop or from the front end. So just gonna narrow it down and try to find the next step. Control arms/ball joints are done, Tie rod ends are done, naturally the steering rack bushings and even the little aluminum peice that slips in is done, Looked at the motormounts they appear to be ok. I'm guessin its time to bite the bullet and put a new steering rack on the list?

I'm just tryin to preplan on what to do really. I've only drove it for the short bit after the fix and its not quite as hot out as it has been so it might still bein doin the same stuff as before and or might have gotten slightly better. Unfortunately florida weather is kinda keepin the car cool with afternoon storms so no tellin when I'll get a good drive out of it in the afternoons.

• Sponsors (?)

You would notice if there were something wrong with the rack, because there would be slop in the steering. Check for other loose items under the hood; as trombonedemon said, it could be something as mundane as a loose battery or CAI.

Yea I was doin alot of thread searchin I got a few other things I wanna look at now one being running through the whole front end looking for loose bolts. Seems a few threads mentioned a bad spring isolater potentially being the problem and to check the sway bar endlink bushings. Which leads me to ask what would a bad spring isolater look like and what condition should mine be in? I've never paid much attention to it. The car has been lowered before I got it but I dunno what springs were used all I can tell is they're red with no brands or anything visual.

The spring isolators, if they're present, will be black rubber "donut-shaped" cups that the springs will be sitting in. A lot of people remove the isolators when they lower their cars, though, so your car might not have them anymore.

Also, definitely check the swaybar end link bushings, if you haven't already. The older ones would regularly fail due to the material the bushing was made out of.

Yea I drove it this afternoon still got the same results as I was before a noticeable clunk on stops and it felt like somethin was loose or rattlin around over bumps and sometimes slightly creaks as I turn the wheel at a stop slowly. I got a limerock driveway with a few small holes so it sounds off when I go down it. I got out this afternoon and popped the hood and I could get the car to bounce up and down once I got it shifting weight I could get a small clunk and the creak out of it. The only real plus side I get out of this is I'm gonna end up with full suspension set up before motor mods rofl.

I really appreciate all the input I'm gettin from ya guys to try and fix the front end problem. I am rather curious though do the struts move when turning the wheel? You mentioned that could be bad but I think I forgot to mention even sitting still when I turn the steering wheel I can get it to clunk/pop/creak or whatever . If that bit of info helps with anything I'm really not to familiar with what all parts are moving under there when I turn the steering wheel.

The load on the struts does change when. Turning the wheel. I would check ur swaybar endlinks, and it could possily be ur struts. Again have a buddy turn the wheel or jounce car while u listen. Also put ur hand on different components when u hear the noise. Where there is noise there is vibration. This will help u isolate problem.