Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Purple power is what I used, full strength not knowing any better. Simple green may be a bit safer, I usually just use dawn dish soap for cleaning parts now.

Meh. Simple green doesn't remove baked on grease. Super clean does. This is one of those rare cases where reading directions.. is beneficial.

I've soaked them and then boiled Pistons in a pot on the stove to get the carbon and stuff off

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I usually drag mine behind the truck to and from work a few times. :shrug:
This motor is either going to fail in epic proportions within 5 minutes of startup or be one of those marvels that refuses to die despite the odds being stacked against it.

Ps - my turbo came today
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
This motor is either going to fail in epic proportions within 5 minutes of startup or be one of those marvels that refuses to die despite the odds being stacked against it.

Ps - my turbo came today
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Man, I don't mean to be a Debbie downer here, but without a housing you're gonna have a real tough time building boost.

Reactions: 3 users
took me an hour to speed read most of this thread. its like one big flashback, especially waiting 6 months for a 351 block to come back. Great build!
Once you filter through all the derailments, there's about an hours worth of reading, so you're fine!

I got my crank back today, rechecked clearances, installed it, and moved on to the Pistons.

...of course, I have the wrong rings. And the right ones are twice the price.

I think this is a sneak preview of things to come. :(

Reactions: 1 users
Once you filter through all the derailments, there's about an hours worth of reading, so you're fine!

I got my crank back today, rechecked clearances, installed it, and moved on to the Pistons.

...of course, I have the wrong rings. And the right ones are twice the price.

I think this is a sneak preview of things to come. :(
Cheer up. You could do what I did, have the block honed then use moly rings oops! Wrong finish on the hone. Rings done 5mins after startup. Tear all the way back down try again.