The Not A Build Thread, Build Thread - no carb yet but other stuff happening - Page 6

I’m telling ya...

91012351_L1150_df14a34c-93b8-464e-941e-4b103a7b6f01.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Autocorrect sure makes for interesting reading. Apparently my car has been beset by hardliners. Not sure whether they’re democrats or republicans, but they seem to do the same thing to my distributor. Keeps it from working.

New Pertronix distributor went in nice with no interference from the manifold or those darned hardliners

Jim

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks, @a9what. I think I was running into aftermarket tachs. I was pretty certain it was negative, but it’s like the measure twice cut once thing. I appreciate the assist.

Done for the day. I stabbed the distributor at TDC, mounted the coil, lengthened the coil wire to fit, lengthened the ignition and tach wires to reach the new coil location, put the the plug wires back on the distributor, ran the wires in flexible conduit and remounted the fan controller. That and running to OReilys to get bullet connectors. Put heat shrink on everything I could.

I really appreciate everyone’s help on this. This has been a spanking, much like watching the Cowboys play. I never know whether the A team will show up or the B team

Jim

Reactions: 1 users
NP. Didn’t know if I was missing something. Rather catch it now than at start up. I wanted to keep the regulator away from engine heat as much as possible. The braided lines should help keep heat from transferring through the lines. I’d hate to get vapor lock, not that it’s much of a possibility with an in-tank fp.

I think it will get a lot of heat there. Rising at a stop,and pushed back heat while moving.
Now I see this is a f.i. conversion. That style regulator will probably have trouble
maintaining consistent pressure. The return may also be a problem,depending on pump
size/pressure and how high in the tank it dumps. This is where my reg. is mounted
34918378964_133af92348_c.jpg

@Gear grabber , Unfortunately, I don't have enough fuel line length to get where yours is. Where it is now is close to where the PO had placed the Aeromotive regulator, which wouldn't throttle the pressure low enough for my carb. I'll move it down some, but can't move it too far from where it is. Maybe I can get it closer to one side of the engine bay or the other. The limiting factor will be the line length.

I appreciate the input and suggestions. It's got the brain cells firing

Jim

A friend of mine runs one of these on his 86 and loves it. He uses the performance Chevy advance kits to change counterweights and springs to adjust timing advance... Old school and simple...but Chevy. All you need is ignition power, ground, and a vacuum line.
Screenshot_2017-10-30-13-26-30.png

If it breaks or you don't like it then return it at your local Walmart store.