Time to get Pimpin"

Found some time today to get my wideband wiring harness done. I wired it into an old 02 pigtail and will plug it into the 02 harness. I also ran a separate wire for the power, ground and signal out of the harness which I will send in to my A/F gauge.

gHtWWC.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

That's how I planned to run my widebands as well. I bought a pair of O2 harness extensions off ebay and wired them in so I can install and plug into my OE harness just like you are doing

No real issues other than it needs a tune badly and I still need to learn that aspect. My initial feeling is that this is an amazing product. I was just really happy when it fired up and ran. Yes my exhaust is quiet. Shorty headers, catted high flow h pipe and dynomax mufflers. Sounds better in person than on the video.

Chris

Reactions: 1 users
It runs well enough to drive. It actually runs fairly decent considering it is on the basic startup tune provided with the system. I have been in contact with Steve and we are going to connect up this weekend and he will do some remote tuning . I know this will get my car running better than ever and hopefully I get a decent grasp on what he teaches me.

Chris

You'll get there, it's a really cool system.
I installed my PimpXS about 2yrs. ago with NO tuning experience , I'm no expert now but have a pretty good grasp on it.
Steve has also helped me out a bunch as well, haven't remote tuned with him but he's made adjustments and suggestions for me.

Just talking with Steve on the phone I can tell he absolutely knows his stuff! I agree that this system is cool. My friend has a 66 Coupe with a foxbody drivetrain and he is now leaning towards this system after he saw how relatively easy the install went. I think my car actually firing up and running first try may have sold him on it..:rlaugh:

Honestly, the auto tune on tunerstudios actually works well IMO.

Even so and even knowing what I do, I think I'd still pay to have a pro look it over. At least for any build that had decent cash into it.

It may just be my 'old school' approach and distrust of until-validated, automated systems. :shrug: The other portion of that of course, is human error (mechanical or otherwise).

As with any automated feedback loop, the accuracy therein is only as good as the equipment used. Autotune works well but it must be watched and validated. The system cannot compensate for transient conditions and in fact ignors them.

Reactions: 2 users
Even so and even knowing what I do, I think I'd still pay to have a pro look it over. At least for any build that had decent cash into it.

It may just be my 'old school' approach and distrust of until-validated, automated systems. :shrug: The other portion of that of course, is human error (mechanical or otherwise).
I can see your point, but you’d really have to screw some settings up to cause any real damage. There’s a good bit of capital tied up in my engine bay, more than some might feel comfortable with tuning.

At the end of the day it’s mainly air/fuel and timing That will cause damage to parts

Reactions: 1 users
My friend who did a mass air swap on his 88 gave me his original speed density air tube. Since the Pimp doesn't use the mass air meter I was able to install this. I think it is a pretty clean look.

Fvrsdq.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users