Today's Progress-Stock Motor, Tranny, K-Member out (DUW).

VibrantRedGT said:
IMAG0422.jpg

Love the Heineken bottle in the cylinder, #4 I believe? Or is that #1? How'd you attach the chain to the shortblock? It looks like two head bolts per side. I'm guessing you had to discharge the A/C, unless you deleted it already.

Attachments

• IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Sponsors (?)

VibrantRedGT said:
That was some hot chick next door's T/A. She has some T/A too (ask Rog).

Rob, the weight savings was huge. It was heavy enough for the garbage man to leave it. It's still out by the mailbox. I have to bring it tonight. Probably saved 40-50 lbs off the nose. If I would have put tubular A arms on it would have been more.
You can change the K-member in your sig now from In the works to "complete"

RC

Yes, glass cylinders is why I replaced the motor.

I used 4 fresh head bolts with nice sized washers. Then a head bolt with washer in the middle by the boom. Even with the tranny attached it wasn't as heavy as I thought. I discharged the A/C many moons ago. It will go back as Florida is 90% hot all the time. Can't live without A/C.

The K-Member is not complete. The driver's side needs some more grinding. I need to install the Steeda bump steer kit too. Then the front suspension is done.

Awesome man! Did you get that hoist from pep boys? It looks exactly like mine for $99. We yanked my friends motor and tranny out a few weeks ago, but we didn't start at 9am, we started at like 9 at night lol.

OT, but i'm just curious, how much does a house go for in your area?

That's a VibrantRed Harbor Freight special ($149).

It's the same here as it is in Long Island. As far as the boom for property. On my block the average home is a half million. I bought it before the boom. :banana:

I was born in Massapequa. Lived on Harrison Ave. right up the block from All American Burger (a true gold mine) on Merrick Rd. Don't know if you know where that is.

the sad thing is the house across the street from me just sold for 500K and it is no where near as nice as the houses in your neighborhood. you have to be a millionaire to live in cali nowadays.

everything looks good. can't wait to see it when its all done!:nice:

i love it.....the one day i dont bring the laptop to work and there are a bunch of posts in this thread. anyway, more pics should come saturday. just pics of big bird this time. the romac and tranny mount are going in. hopefully saturday starts off better than this past sunday though.

swingline said:
Joe, how hard will a K-member and A-arm install be on jacks or ramps and without pulling the trans or motor. I think I may have got myself into a hell of a jam buying all these parts.
well, you dont have to pull the motor out, but it does need to be lifted off of the k-member. as far as doing it on jackstands, it worked out for us just fine.

VibrantRedGT said:
That's a VibrantRed Harbor Freight special ($149).

It's the same here as it is in Long Island. As far as the boom for property. On my block the average home is a half million. I bought it before the boom. :banana:

I was born in Massapequa. Lived on Harrison Ave. right up the block from All American Burger (a true gold mine) on Merrick Rd. Don't know if you know where that is.

Cool, didn't know you were born here. Massapequa isn't far at all. I'm in nassau county too, but close to the queens border. I don't know how the hell i'm gonna afford a house when the time comes here :notnice:

Green 94 5.0 said:
i love it.....the one day i dont bring the laptop to work and there are a bunch of posts in this thread. anyway, more pics should come saturday. just pics of big bird this time. the romac and tranny mount are going in. hopefully saturday starts off better than this past sunday though.
I revived it....it almost died! :nonono:

5.0-I'm kidding, Homowners Assoc. can't do anything. I was working in my house. Only rolled over into the driveway for a couple of minutes.

swingline-with the motor in it will be a pain. If you have an engine lift you will need to set it up. Dangle that puppy in mid air and then install the front suspension.