Used 2011 V6 Premium - What's a good price?

katmando911

Jan 11, 2011
Gilbert, AZ
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8AM6B5115581&refid=FV

I have the chance to get this car with 8000 miles for about $24,500 out the door (after TT&L). Is that a good price?

It would probably cost me about $27,900.00 out the door (X-Plan with 8.8% sales tax and $100 doc fees) to get a comparable car brand new with 0 miles from my local dealership. So that's about a $0.42 per mile discount but I have no idea if that is good or not. Aside from the mileage, the car looks new.

• Sponsors (?)

I can't find anything for 2011 on kbb.com. It doesn't matter anymore though. With that car, the craigslist post said $21,999 which seemed like a steal until I got there and found out that it was a dealer and they were going to charge me an additional 9.3% sales tax. I don't know, I just feel like that should have been disclosed before I drove out to see it. A search for the VIN also turned up a link on esalvage.com which made me nervous. After abandoning that idea, today I ended up putting a deposit on a red GT CS instead

Amazon.com: Phatman: 2012 Mustang GT

I think I'll be happy with the upgrade. $32K for a 2011 GT CS with Automatic transmission, Security Package, Glass Roof and an aftermarket remote start and 8000 miles sounds good to me. Especially with a clean carfax. The only thing I could find wrong with this car was a couple scratches in the paint on the front & rear bumpers.