V6 thottle body

Low86GT

Apr 9, 1999
San Jose, CA
I was wondering if all of the V6 throttle bodies are heated or if there are certain ones or year that are not heated.
My nephews 05 has one that is heated. I know I could just bypass this but I would also like to get a throttle body that doesnt have the fittings on it.
Since the car is all stock at this point there is no point in getting a bbk or anything else to replace it.

I read an artical about how much just the bypass reduced the temps of the TB so this seems like a good thing to do.

• Sponsors (?)

The '05 is the only one with the heated TB. '06+ don't have it. You can get a later year TB and easily replace it

The heating hose can either be shortened and looped between the two points over on the passwnger side it's connected to, or you can also get the later '06+ heater pipe that attaches to the side of the engine and doesn't have the TB heater ports (this is what I did on my car)

Thanks for the info. I will have to see about getting one of 06 or newer units.
I am not too worried about the hoses. It would be easy enough to cut them shorter and connect them together with a small section of tubing. That would be much easier than changing the heater pipe.

Do you think that running the newer unheated TB will make any difference in performance?